- 13 guest reviews
"Location of the hotel is absolutely stunning. Beautiful views. The lady who checked us in was lovely, very helpful. The hotel itself is nice..."
"Excellent location; beautiful views, quiet area yet ideally situated for travelling around. Towns of Ilfracombe, Lynton/Lynmouth, and the co..."
"Booked last minute for Valentine's Day, the hotel was welcoming and friendly. The room was very nice and had a beautiful view of the bay. Th..."
"Lovely location, helpful staff, some common areas could do with updating but other areas were lovely I.e. dining room. Made use of the pool..."
"Everything was of a high quality, with excellent service from the very friendly and helpful staff. I would definately reccommend the hotel t..."
About the hotel
Wherever you go in Sandy Cove, you cannot escape our wonderful view. With stunning views across the bay, the hotel is enviably nestled at the gateway to magical Exmoor and within easy reach of the glorious beaches of the Atlantic. Throughout the week you will be tempted by our extensive 2 AA Rosette a la carte and bar menus all using fresh, locally sourced produce The indoor swimming pool features a sliding glass dome which means it can be used all year round and there is a leisure area with sauna, steam room and heated relaxation loungers all free of charge.
Children under 5 are free and children between the ages of 5 -14 who are sharing rooms with their parents will be only charged half price for breakfast. Dogs are accepted at a rate of £10 per night, they are allowed in the bedrooms (excluding superior rooms) and in the gardens but are not allowed in the public rooms. Please advise of any dogs at time of booking. FREE WIFI available throughout all the public rooms in the hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- Indoor Pool, Outdoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 14 years old
- 01/01/2015 to 20/10/2019 - The Swimming Pool is closed between 2nd January to Mid March. Possibility of weekend weddings, evening in marquee in grounds (April - Mid October) music always finishes at midnight. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
THE SANDY COVE HOTEL
Location of the hotel is absolutely stunning.
Beautiful views. The lady who checked us in was lovely, very helpful. The hotel itself is nice but needs to be mordernized throughout. But a lovely hotel with most staff being very helpful and smiling all the time.
Don't waste your money
We booked in for 3 nights and on the first night had a phone call to say there was a family emergency at home and we had to leave the next day.
We didn't sleep all night not just due to the situation at home but because the room was like a sauna and staff were outside our window talking until early hours, the bed was definitely not a king size but more like a small double, it was dirty, smelt like old cheesy feet and just generally poor and the breakfast wasn't much better. We went to reception the next morning to ask if they could refund the nights we didn't stay and the bloke in reception was unsympathetic and just generally rude. I tried for 5 days to get hold of the manager and manager to eventually find an email address they look at and she basically said everything I commented on was not true and there was no way we could have our money back but she would offer the 2 nights free of charge later on in the year. There is no way I would stay here again.... Unless I wanted 2 sleepless nights in a grotty room cooped up in a small bed and to be spoken to by there staff like rubbish. What happened to the customer is always right. I'm not usually one to complain as don't like the confrontation but this was just unacceptable.