- Very Good
- 48 guest reviews
"Good value for money...."
"Stayed one night whilst son was playing in a Cricket tournament at Millfield School. Lovely place, spacious rooms, bar/restaurant area was r..."
"Customer service really very good, friendly, stayed in a little suite over the road from main hotel which was very clean, quiet, great bathr..."
"A lovely hotel just across the road from Clarks village. Only down side had a knock on door at 9am asking me what time we was checking out...."
"Booked through LateRooms and was not disappointed the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. my only little complaint is that the room cou..."
About the hotel
The Bear Inn is a traditional pub in the small town of Street in Somerset. The inn boasts a spacious interior filled with cosy corners and a large garden and terrace to enjoy in the summer months. Food is served all day and our traditional menu and daily food offers mean you can be assured of great quality and value at every visit.
Street was a small farming community until the mid 19th century when Cyrus Clark set up his shoe factory and built housing and leisure facilities to provide for his workers. Now, the manufacturing arm has moved abroad and the old workshops have been turned into a retail village offering designer and high street clothes at outlet prices. The town is located in a rural area, less than 2 miles from Glastonbury and only 10 minutes from the M5. Our accommodation consists of 24 comfortable and spacious rooms situated either above the pub or in our neighbouring cottages. We are located a minute’s walk from the retail village at the edge of the town.
Showing Thursday 8 October 2015 to Friday 9 October 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Translation Service
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
The Bear Inn by Marstons Inns
Good value for money.
On the plus side, a comfortable and clean room and the Inn is very centrally located for the town.
However, I was disappointed as my room was above the bar and there was noise coming through until well after midnight which prevented me from sleeping. The breakfast was only a cooked English and toast with no continental offer and the coffee was lukewarm. The English breakfast was listed on the menu as having 7 components; I only got 5. The sole breakfast waiter was rushed (although polite) and service slow. The reception staff on arrival, however, were great and very helpful with the parking - the car park was full. Don't think this is value for money and will revert to the Premier Inn again next time, which although out of town has loads of parking, better rooms and is quieter.