- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"The accommodation was OK but needed decorating. The carpet was grubby. There was only one chair in a double room and the bed was very narrow..."
"Friendly welcome at the Bear Inn and very helpful staff with fitting 16 of us in for dinner after a long day swimming at Millfield School, e..."
"We stayed in one of the inn's family rooms in the cottages opposite the main pub building. We were pleased to have an adjoining room to put..."
"Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff made our stay great...."
"Set in the heart of the town, perfect for walking and visiting the sights. A lovely spacious room with food on site and car parking...."
About the hotel
The Bear Inn is a traditional pub in the small town of Street in Somerset. The inn boasts a spacious interior filled with cosy corners and a large garden and terrace to enjoy in the summer months. Food is served all day and our traditional menu and daily food offers mean you can be assured of great quality and value at every visit.
Street was a small farming community until the mid 19th century when Cyrus Clark set up his shoe factory and built housing and leisure facilities to provide for his workers. Now, the manufacturing arm has moved abroad and the old workshops have been turned into a retail village offering designer and high street clothes at outlet prices. The town is located in a rural area, less than 2 miles from Glastonbury and only 10 minutes from the M5. Our accommodation consists of 24 comfortable and spacious rooms situated either above the pub or in our neighbouring cottages. We are located a minute’s walk from the retail village at the edge of the town.
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Translation Service
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 11/03/2016 to 21/03/2025 - Please note some of our rooms are located within cottages adjacent to the main building The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
OK but tired
The accommodation was OK but needed decorating.
The carpet was grubby. There was only one chair in a double room and the bed was very narrow. The staff were very helpful and willing to give good service but the brewery shouldn't rely on their staff to compensate for other deficiencies.
The Bear Inn Street
Friendly welcome at the Bear Inn and very helpful staff with fitting 16 of us in for dinner after a long day swimming at Millfield School, especially as it was only myself, partner and daughter staying there.
Stayed in one of their cottages which had a double bed and pull out sofa bed. Cottage was clean and had everything we required for one nights stay. Breakfast was included in the price of the room which was nice having the choice of cereal etc which was self service and then you had a choice of a cooked breakfast which was freshly cooked. Enjoyed our short stay and if ever attending the school again for an event will look at returning back to the Bear Inn.