- 35 guest reviews
"Super service except for clumsy breakfast staff who bumped into my table three times whilst I was eating. Bar and restaurant staff fabulous...."
"All sfaff were very kind and made my wife and I feel really special..."
"Breakfast had been kept warm under heat lamps resulting in hard fried eggs. Expected the breakfast to be cooked from fresh...."
"This stay was the best hotel experience I have ever had. I look forward to returning to the Grosvenor again and also will look at the chain..."
"Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city . Brilliant location right in the high street and walking distance to all shops , bars , restaurants . R..."
About the hotel
An impressive black and white timbered Grade II listed building in the centre of the historic city of Chester contains a stylish, contemporary hotel dedicated to excellence. With an outstanding Michelin-starred restaurant, a vibrant Parisian-style bistro, an ultra-chic spa and modern, bespoke meeting rooms, this is the ideal city sanctuary. Gorgeous antique oil paintings and a vast chandelier meet up-to-the-minute style and luxury.
Be sure to dine at the highly acclaimed gourmet restaurant Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor which has retained its Michelin star since 1990 and has over 1,000 bins in its extensive wine cellars. There are exceptional award winning attractions within easy reach of Chester including Chester Zoo and the Blue Planet Aquarium. Chester is renowned for its ancient two tier rows which house wonderful boutiques and unique shopping in the heart of the city, the hotel can is adjacent to Eastgate clock within the Roman Walls. The McArthur Glen Designer outlet village, Europe’s largest outlet centre is within 15 minutes drive of the city. Car parking is avalible in the public car park at the rear of the Hotel and is charged at the discounted rate of £8. 50 for 24 hours. Advance reservations are essential for restaurant and spa reservations in order to avoid disappointment. Please be advised that a pre authorisation on your credit or debit card will be required at the time of check in for your accommodation rate plus £200. 00 for any extras you may incur during your stay. Please note pre authorisation cannot be taken on Mastercard Debit cards, Maestro or Visa Electron.
Showing Tuesday 5 May 2015 to Wednesday 6 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Translation Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (Other), Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 06/05/2014 to 08/05/2014 - For May race festival which takes place 7th, 8th and 9th May. At the time of booking we take a £100 non refundable deposit and the cancellation terms are 7 days prior to arrival. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
94% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent with small misgivings.
Super service except for clumsy breakfast staff who bumped into my table three times whilst I was eating.
Bar and restaurant staff fabulous. Very knowledgeable and honest sommelier. Room spot on, except the bathroom was a little tired. Markings on tiles, and air lock in hot water tap. Nonetheless, a very enjoyable stay. Lives up to its reputation, though I suspect you would be charged for breathing their air if they thought they could get away with it.
Birthday treat in November 2014
All sfaff were very kind and made my wife and I feel really special