- Very Good
- 59 guest reviews
"We spent 6 very enjoyable days in Edinburgh and the setting of this friendly hotel made it easy for us to walk everywhere in this lovely cit..."
"Very welcoming hotel and is oozing class as soon as you open the reception door. The staff are extremely helpful. The room was absolutely sp..."
"This hotel was warm and inviting. Throughout our stay the staff were always friendly and attentive and made us feel very welcome. Kevin in p..."
"A step back in time to a golden age of customer satisfaction and quality. A proper old-fashioned hotel experience and like stepping into an..."
"Very good quality hotel in a nice part of town. Great value for money...."
About the hotel
Channings Hotel is doubtlessly one of the friendliest hotels in Britain. Boasting the rare charm of allowing the comforts and atmosphere of a country house, but in a decidedly urban setting. Overlooking spectacular private gardens and nestled on a quiet, cobbled street – the residence compromises 5 Edwardian houses sympathetically restored to provide a relaxed, club-like atmosphere.
During your stay you will be accommodated in one of our 41 individually decorated bedrooms, which include three suites and a four-poster bedroom. Guest are given the wonderfully indulgent option of choosing a rooms with a slipper roll top bath, or Jacuzzi. For a truly romantic stay why not spoil yourself in a luxurious four-poster bed and bath in an oval bath designed for two, with a decor consisting of antique furniture and prints, in deep rich colour. Foodies will be delighted to discover the fabulous Channings Restaurant – serving award-winning food in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The hotel reserves the right to pre authorise the credit card used to guarantee the reservation 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Babysitting services , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Smoking allowed in public areas , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Comfortable hotel in great location
We spent 6 very enjoyable days in Edinburgh and the setting of this friendly hotel made it easy for us to walk everywhere in this lovely city.
Huge bed and spacious room (rather underlit), nice places to sit downstairs. Staff extremely helpful. Food nice (6 breakfasts, 3 suppers) though not outstanding and could do with more choice for vegetarians. Bedroom needs bigger teacups. We liked seeing all the Shackleton memorabilia and Victorian prints on walls.
Very welcoming hotel and is oozing class as soon as you open the reception door.
The staff are extremely helpful. The room was absolutely spotless and couldn't be faulted. We had a light meal on the Friday night this was also fab. Breakfast was lovely and plenty choices.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Edinburgh for any reason, I will be back for sure.