- Very Good
- 71 guest reviews
"The room was large and quite spacious but was lit only by two dim bedside lamps and an anglepoise lamp on the dressing table. No ceiling lig..."
"Staff are polite and friendly and all the basic frills are there. BUT the bedroom could have done with a proper vacuum; whilst looking for a..."
"Great hotel for our stay. Would stay again!..."
"Can't fault the hotel, staff were polite,made you feel welcome and nothing was a problem. Room was comfy...."
About the hotel
For your next romantic or short leisure break in Central Scotland or for extended Scottish vacations or holidays in Scotland, stay in a great Scottish Victorian hotel. The Royal Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. A warm welcome to The Royal Hotel, Stirling's premier leisure and business hotel.
Relax and unwind in a very informal hotel, a delightful and tasteful combination of modern, professional service and comfort with a true concern for both customer care and environmental standards. Superbly centrally situated in the delightful village of Bridge of Allan, right next door to Stirling city centre and excellent shopping, and close to local railway and bus connections. Excellent secure parking, rare in corporate hotels these days. The hotel is a popular regular venue for the business or leisure travellers looking for a refreshing change from the standardised city centre 'accommodation factory'. Here you are a valued guest, not a number, and a welcoming atmosphere of easy friendliness will strike you as soon as you enter. Offering FREE Wi-Fi
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 11/08/2015 to 30/04/2016 - The Royal hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment of all accommodation and public areas, Throughout the works certain facilities will be relocated, guests will be advised on arrival to the hotel The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
The room was large and quite spacious but was lit only by two dim bedside lamps and an anglepoise lamp on the dressing table.
No ceiling lights which meant little light available for my wife at the dressing table, which, incidentally, had no mirror. Could only get light in the room by opening curtains which exposed us to view from across the main road as there were no blinds or nets to restrict the view. Bath taps were dodgy and the shower difficult to operate. The bathroom door would not shut. I appreciate alterations are taking place but this room needed attention. Had we been staying longer I would have complained but we needed accommodation as we were in Scotland to attend a funeral.
Not bad but just need a little more attention to the detail.
Staff are polite and friendly and all the basic frills are there.
BUT the bedroom could have done with a proper vacuum; whilst looking for a socket discovered a pile of dust and fluff behind the door and bedside table. Not budget prices for a single, so where I'd let it go at the economy end of the scale, it's a bit disappointing at a place like this. Service at breakfast was a bit slow. And the "Loch Fyne" kipper was dyed, which I was suprised about.