- 61 guest reviews
"A lovely warm welcome. Great place to stay...."
"Great accommodation, lovely people great value for money...."
"What a lovely find! We were spending Easter weekend in Dumfries to celebrate my cousins 50th birthday who lives there. Our original accommo..."
"I have stayed at Rivendell before. warm welcome, good rooms and breakfast. Will stay again when in the area..."
"Very clean with a great breakfast. Perfectly located for exploring Dumfries and Galloway by car. Appreciated the owner's recommendation as t..."
About the hotel
The Rivendell was built in 1924 and is totally unique and idyllic in the area. The architect who designed it was one of six students who studied directly under Charles Rennie Mackintosh at Glasgow school of art and his influence is obvious throughout. The house was of private residence of the Penman family who prospered locally as early exponents of the motor trade.
The house was then purchased in 2002 by its current owner, Bruce Harper and underwent a total renovation maintaining the original features throughout.
Showing Tuesday 4 August 2015 to Wednesday 5 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Car parking available onsite
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
98% would recommend it to a friend
The owner is rude and unwelcoming.
A lovely warm welcome.
Great place to stay.