- Very Good
- 26 guest reviews
"Good food, very helpful restaurant staff , great suroundings and a pokestop in the grounds very peaceful...."
"Lovely hotel in the countryside. Very helpful and friendly staff. The only issue was that they lock up pretty early but a quick phone call a..."
"Authentic, friendly and comfortable hotel..."
"The hotel is full of character and history while offering comfort and good customer service from all the staff...."
"Booked this on the ferry coming back from Ireland as a stopover. Slight niggle with postcode not getting us directly to hotel but manager go..."
About the hotel
Located amidst the beautiful Welsh countryside, this historic hotel offers free Wi-Fi and parking. With luxurious rooms, elegant interior and magnificent gardens, it is one of the most select venues in the North West. Built in 1714, Soughton Hall started life as a bishop’s palace and has been the home to a succession of heirs in the Wynne-Bankes family line.
It is now a privately owned boutique hotel with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Exquisitely furnished and decorated, this luxurious country house features the highest standards of interior design. From beautiful handmade carpets and fabrics to an impressive collection of antiques and curios, it truly embodies the refined elegance of traditional country living. All 14 bedrooms at the hotel are individually named and elegantly decorated. Each room has its own bathroom, bath robes, Egyptian cotton sheets, television, radio, hair dryer, trouser press, homemade biscuits, mineral water and tea and coffee making facilities. With antique furnishings, handmade carpets and beautiful fabrics, each unique room has the highest standard of interior design. The restaurant has a fine selection of wines and specialises in South African. Whatever the occasion, the hotel can tailor the event to the guest’s requirements. Menus, entertainment and even a glamorous marquee are available for large parties. Soughton Hall is the perfect venue for weddings. With a stunning backdrop of magnificent mature gardens, specially tailored wedding menus, vintage wines and a team of professional staff, Soughton Hall surpasses all expectations it is totally unique and very special. The peaceful surroundings and superb facilities make Soughton Hall ideal for conferences and business meetings. The meeting rooms are naturally lit by large windows with views of the gardens and surrounding countryside. A full Welsh breakfast is also included in our room rates.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Good food, very helpful restaurant staff , great suroundings and a pokestop in the grounds very peaceful.
Relaxing getaway in the countryside
Lovely hotel in the countryside.
Very helpful and friendly staff. The only issue was that they lock up pretty early but a quick phone call and they let us back in.