- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Really nice room, wasn't sure what it was going to be like as such a good rate but pleasantly surprised. We had to leave and then come back,..."
"Beautifully decorated for Christmas. Free on street parking avaiable nearby. We arrived too late for dinner but the sandwiches we ordered fr..."
"Lovely hotel - photos do not do it justice, it is a real gem of a place - old fashioned in nostalgic, interesting and lovely way. Great loca..."
"We have stayed at this hotel before and found all the staff friendly and helpful, we are best western members so we get points towards free..."
"We had an excellent night stay at this hotel , it was perfect..."
About the hotel
The historic Lansdowne Hotel is situated on the superb seafront in an elegant terrace overlooking the gardens around the tower and out to sea. Rooms can be booked with a sea view or land view (the land view rooms are at a discounted rate). The hotel offers all the charm of a bygone era with large lounges and a restaurant overlooking the sea.
The Lansdowne Hotel in Eastbourne combines the elegance of the Victorian age with every modern facility. The Hotel occupies a premier position on the majestic seafront overlooking the Western Lawns and Wish Tower with superb views of Beachy Head. The hotel features include elegant lounges facing the sea, the attractive Regency Bar, two snooker and games rooms. It is also ideally situated for golf holidays, being close to no less than 3 first-class golf courses, plus 200 acres of parks and gardens. At the Lansdowne all rooms offer modern facilities to ensure a pleasant stay. However the superior rooms are South Facing with sea views, more spacious and include bottled water and additional toiletries. Eastbourne is perfectly located to visit the many visitor attractions located across the South Downs, 1066 Country and the Sussex countryside. Many indoor and outdoor visitor attractions within the resort also offer plenty of family fun, local history and entertainment. Please note during 24-27th December there are no meals served except for breakfast.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Really nice room, wasn't sure what it was going to be like as such a good rate but pleasantly surprised.
We had to leave and then come back, our circumstances and hotel very good about it. Very accommodating and great that they take dogs.
Average hotel but in need of modernisation.
Hotel is located on the sea front so ideal for sea views (so long as you request a sea-view room of course).
Reception and check in were fine. Room dated and a bit on the small side. Felt a bit cramped for 2 people (3rd floor sea-view room). Bathroom needed modernising and a deep clean (hairs on the floor). Hot water took an age to come through on the basin tap. Window howled through the gaps around the edges (even when tightly shut). I know Eastbourne is a retirement town and the hotel clientele reflected this. I was the youngest by about 20 years. Nice public areas to use. Breakfast was good but service was lacklustre and impersonal.