- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"The service we received from all the staff was excellent . Alison on reception was extremely helpful in sorting out my prepaid laterooms.com..."
"great spa. two log burners in bars. just what you want when its cold wet winter days. breakfast very good...."
"Friendly, happy to help staff and good value for money :-) we enjoyed the spa facilities too!..."
"Rooms comfortable and nicely decorated. Hotel well situated for easy access to town centre. Excellent health spa facilities attached...."
"We were only staying for one night. The room was very comfortable. We were not too happy with the bathroom as it was a wet room rather than..."
About the hotel
Dower House Hotel - Dating back to the 15th century -BW Dower House & Spa is set in 1 acre of gardens in the traditional market town of Knaresborough in the heart of Yorkshire - This 29 bedroom hotel offers a warm and friendly welcome to business and leisure guests alike - Award winning Storm Restaurant offers an excellent range of dishes and wines served in comfortable and relaxed surroundings and is one of the finest restaurants in the area - The Imagine Health & Spa has an indoor pool and whirlpool - sauna - steam room and full gymnasium and offers guests the perfect place to relax after a busy day at work - walking in the Dales or wandering around Harrogate and the antique shops of York - Together with our lounge and bar - both with crackling fires in the winter - and our garden and terrace in the summer - the Dower House is the ideal base for your trip to the Harrogate area - It is ideally located for access - being just 3 miles from the A1-M1 motorway and half an hour from Leeds Bradford airport - the major seaport of Hull is just 1 hour away - and the town of Harrogate is just next door - The hotel also offers conference and banqueting facilities for up to 70 people
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/02/2013 to 31/12/2022 - *Pets allowed at an additional charge. Please check at time of booking.* The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely stay at Dower House
The service we received from all the staff was excellent .
Alison on reception was extremely helpful in sorting out my prepaid laterooms.com booking, which when I rang to confirm my booking, didn't appear to be pre paid. Anyway it was quickly sorted and she got back to me to let me know. She was then on reception as we arrived, and checked us in very efficiently. We found every member of staff that we came across that weekend, to be very friendly and happy in their work. We came away thinking what a lovely weekend we had had.
dangerous place to stay
my girlfriend and i booked in to a £140 room then enjoyed the spa before going to bed - 2 hours later we were woke to the sound of the fire alarm - we dressed and opened the door to smoke filling the hall way on the first floor - we followed the fire exit signs to a dead end courtyard on the first floor - we then found another exit - as we passed a guest sitting next to an open fire and loading it up with more logs - we safely got to the car park - there were 2 managers on duty - one of them stood in the car park whilst the other ran through the hotel looking for a fire - at no point were the fire brigade called - then the manager emerged saying he had found the fire and it was safe for us to re enter the building - the management didn't seem to have a clue about fire safety evacuation procedure - the hotel seemed full but there weren't many guests in the car park and a roll call of names was not done - seemed a lot of guests just ignored alarm - nobody ran through evacuating all rooms - we were in the room directly above the log fire and the room was filled with smoke - being asthmatic and night time breathing problems made it a sleepless night for me especially as the drunken guest fueling the fire was left to continue thereby causing an anxious night too - would not recommend this place which is a shame because we had previously thought it to be a lovely place