- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"The hotel is right on the river and our room (no 44) had a great view of it - we watched various birds on a sunny early spring morning but w..."
"There was no lift which was a struggle with a newborn and child. Drinks are also very expensive but lovely stay and very friendly staff..."
"We were probably unlucky to stay here when there was a wedding on. The service was average as a consequence...."
"Great hotel with friendly staff, great atmosphere and excellent restaurant. Have used this hotel few times...."
"I work at the Download festival every year and usually stay in one of the big hotels, Radisson, Hilton etc. I decided I didn't want to pay £..."
About the hotel
Set in some of Derbyshires' most idyllic countryside, built around a Norman mill tower along the banks of the River Trent, yet conveniently located close to the M1, East Midlands Airport, Nottingham & Loughborough. Nearby attractions include: Alton Towers (35 miles), Derbyshire Peak district , Chatsworth House (44 miles), Calke Abbey (13 miles), Derby Football Club (15 miles) and Trent bridge Cricket ground (14 miles) The Hotels Restaurant has been awarded 2 AA rosettes for its exceptional standard and menus combining fresh seasonal flavours with regional ingredients along with an extensive collection of fine wines. In the Summer, step outside and dine al fresco, overlooking the river.
Please note that the main Restaurant is closed on a Sunday evening however the Brasserie Restaurant is available. Guest rooms are refurbished to the highest standards and comes complete with with free high speed Internet access & wifi, widescreen TV, DVD players, tea & coffee making facilities and luxury toiletries in the ensuite bathrooms.
Showing Wednesday 3 June 2015 to Thursday 4 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Mountain Bike Hire, Fishing, Quad Biking, Clay Pigeon Shooting
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Tales of the Riverbank
The hotel is right on the river and our room (no 44) had a great view of it - we watched various birds on a sunny early spring morning but weren't lucky enough to see any otters, which we were assured were there.
Staff were friendly and helpful, dinner was good and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The only negative was the tap in the bathroom which was reluctant to turn off completely and we returned from dinner to a very wet bathroom floor. It's very close to Donnington but as there was no event on i can't say if this wuld be disruptive or not. The e midlands airport,although close didn't cause any noise.
There was no lift which was a struggle with a newborn and child.
Drinks are also very expensive but lovely stay and very friendly staff