- 85 guest reviews
"We arrived quite late in the evening so all was in darkness. The hotel foyer is modern and pretty flashy! The room however was a little tire..."
"Room decor very tired with stitching undone and hanging from the lamp, chain for the door was broken and unusable, massive cobwebs in the ba..."
"Hotel was perfect for what we needed, we arrived late at around 11pm for one night so didn't experience the restaurant but the rooms were cl..."
About the hotel
The Great National Newcastle-under-Lyme is a high 3 star hotel offering stylish accommodation, contemporary dining and an enviable location within a couple of minutes of the M6 junction 15 and Trentham Gardens, in its own spacious grounds with free car parking. Public areas are furnished with Spanish marble and contemporary fittings. The high point of your stay at the Great National Newcastle-under-Lyme is the opportunity to wine and dine in our luxurious Kavi Indian restaurant, housing a central glass open kitchen providing the very best in Indian fusion dining.
All of our rooms are impeccably styled and guests will receive an outstanding level of service during a truly memorable stay. Free wifi is available throughout all areas in the hotel. All hotel bedrooms have ensuite, freeview tv's, radio, direct dial telephone, hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Family rooms and a luxury suite are available upon request and of course there is 24hr room service available. The hotel, formerly Ramada, is ideal for a short break, but is also a fabulous venue to host your dream wedding, celebrate an event or hold a business meeting or conference, with the help of our friendly events team. We cater for small meetings to functions for upto 350 people. Guests can relax in the stylish and comfortable surroundings of Chic bar, providing a wide selection of food and drink options. After a restful night’s sleep, guests are able to enjoy breakfast in the elegantly styled, monochrome interior of Chic restaurant. Other local attractions include world-famous pottery makers Wedgwood and Royal Doulton, along with theme park Alton Towers. All are within a short drive of the Great National Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
48% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel was clean on enter to the building.
few of my friends had issues with their rooms as well as me. black mould round bathroom and ceiling was really bad and carpet should be replaced with wooden floors.
Saw the pictures and booked for a 2 day get away with other half and the room was no where near the standard of the picture.