- 41 guest reviews
"The hotel was clean and tidy breakfast good. Tried to get a bar meal for which I think they are not geared up for. Staff very good. Nice big..."
"If you like old hotels with loads of character you will like The Old Swan. It was warm, comfortable and well placed for visiting Harrogate...."
"Our stay at The Old Swan was one of the best hotel stays we've had in the UK! I wish we'd had time to stay longer!..."
"Lovely room, comfortable bed. Bath robe and slippers due to being an upgrade room. Problem with a cold radiator and although it couldn't be..."
"This is a joint response from myself and my wife. We both stayed at this hotel which, as the scores show, is generally very good. Our one ar..."
About the hotel
The Old Swan Hotel is a prestigious hotel in the heart of Harrogate, within walking distance of local attractions including the Harrogate International Centre, Valley gardens, local bars and restaurants. The Old Swan Hotel is famed as the hiding place for Agatha Christie during her disappearance in 1926, and was the location of the film 'Agatha' starring Dustin Hoffman and Vanessa Redgrave in 1977. The hotel boasts 136 well appointed, contemporary styled bedrooms including singles, twins, doubles, executive upgrades, suites, four-poster suites; all with stylish en-suite bathrooms.
Free car parking for up to 200 cars. The hotel also offers WiFi throughout the public areas and in the guests bedrooms. Please note all our bedrooms are non smoking. Dinner, served in the magnificent Wedgwood Room, offers classic and contemporary dishes in traditional splendour using the freshest of ingredients.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
66% would recommend it to a friend
Very Poor service
Catalogue of disasters from checking in.
Check in was over an hour later than expected as room wasn't ready. Room was tiny and above a noisy wedding next to staff quarters. Drinks in bar were served in dirty glasses 3 times in a row to the point of embarrassment by the bar staff. Card machine was broken on check out so check out delayed. Came out side to find drivers side of car covered in blood as there had been a fight on the car park during the night. A shame really as place is lovely and the staff were lovely too, just absolutely run off their feet as very under staffed.
The hotel was clean and tidy breakfast good.
Tried to get a bar meal for which I think they are not geared up for. Staff very good. Nice big car park which was very handy. The plus side it was a very quite.