- 5 guest reviews
"Lovely relaxing stay, there was a wedding there but we didn't hear a sound, went swimming in their lovely pool and jacuzzi. Most relaxing st..."
"I had a very warm welcome and was dealt with in a friendly efficient manner. All staff were very helpful and gave great service and I felt n..."
About the hotel
A Rich Heritage of Hospitality . . .
Located in a peaceful Sussex village, Cisswood House Hotel offers all the delights of a rural retreat whilst being conveniently close to the market town of Horsham and Gatwick Airport. The House was originally built around 1928 for Sir Woodman Burbidge, then Chairman of the famous Harrods and named after his wife Cissily. The hotel and its scenic grounds provide plenty to interest and entertainment for visitors – for example, a stroll around our mature landscaped gardens, a work out in the leisure club or some relaxation time in our spa treatment rooms. Dining is a real highlight, with wonderful cuisine served in the Garden Restaurant.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
40% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely relaxing stay, there was a wedding there but we didn't hear a sound, went swimming in their lovely pool and jacuzzi.
Most relaxing stay ever. Great breakfast in bed.
Over-priced and very tired looking
I last stayed in this hotel about 25 years ago.
When I checked in it looked just about the same as last time. The public areas and corridors looked very tired and old, as did the furniture. Although it was claimed by my reception that my room had recently been redecorated the style was very uncoordinated and mediocre at best. I expected significantly better for £130 a night. The food in the restaurant was of relatively good quality but well over priced, as was the wine, which did not seem that good - I've had much better for less money (we tried two bottles in our group and neither impressed). The service at dinner wasn't good either - the wine bottles were just plonked on the table with no attempt to open the bottle and offer a tasting. Not 4 star standard at all. The management need to do a much better job at training the staff. The hotel does have a swimming pool which would have been a plus point for me had I known in advance, but the overall impression of the place was of poor maintenance. For example: my room looked out of a flat roof with ductwork that had insulation peeling off - it was in very bad condition. I would not choose to stay here again unless everywhere else was full.