- Very Good
- 27 guest reviews
"A late, unplanned break turned into wonderful experience, the hotel and staff exceed expectations..."
"Outstanding customer service, lovely room in a beautiful hotel with bags of character and modern comforts Highly recommended..."
"I would give it 100% but my room no 12 the heating pipes creaked and made strange noises...."
"Bags of character but a bit pricey. Overall an enjoyable stay but it was quite expensive even allowing for the location...."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay - the room was brilliant and access directly on to the street was perfect for our dog! Unfortunately t..."
About the hotel
Macdonald Bear Hotel is one of the finest 4-star hotels in Oxfordshire and part of The Macdonald Hotels' Signature Collection. Set in Woodstock - know as the "Gateway to the Cotswold", in what was once a 13th century coaching inn, our hotel combines history and culture with exceptional facilities. Few steps away from the magnificent Blenheim Palace and with direct access to the historic city of Oxford, our hotel is a popular choice for leisure breaks, business and weddings.
Ask at reception for a VIP invitation to Bicester Outlet Shopping Village, containing vouchers with discounts of up to 60% off popular brands.
Our hotel is a perfect venue for celebrations, events and conferences; we boast superb hotel accommodation, stylish meeting and function rooms, peaceful views over the courtyard and stunning period features. We recommend a visit to our award-winning restaurant and bar for the finest of fares and a well deserved nightcap.
Macdonald Bear Hotel boasts beautiful views of the picturesque town of Woodstock, from the comfort of your luxurious and peaceful hotel room. Our 54 elegant and individually-styled bedrooms are comfortable, traditionally furnished and boast a range of modern conveniences such as free WIFI, En-Suit and satellite TV. With Golf courses near by and meeting and conference facilities available. Free wi-fi powered by the cloud is also available and we also have Free Parking. Transport: Road2 minutes from A44. Rail9. 3 miles / 20 minutes from Oxford. Air50 miles / 55 minutes from Heathrow Airport
Showing Saturday 30 April 2016 to Sunday 1 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
A late, unplanned break turned into wonderful experience, the hotel and staff exceed expectations
FAbulous place to stay
Outstanding customer service, lovely room in a beautiful hotel with bags of character and modern comforts Highly recommended