- 37 guest reviews
"The Lensfield Hotel calls itself a boutique hotel. That means the room has a cacophony of patterns in the room. The carpet was heavily patte..."
"My room was basic but perfectly functional. The size was fine and facilities were fine...."
"Set within pleasant walking distance of Cambridge. Check in/out quick and simple. Breakfast was buffet style, plenty to select from. Room la..."
"We had a good stay. Hotel is undergoing staged renovation and we were in one of the old rooms. If we had been in a new/refurbished room, our..."
"Overnight in Cambridge...."
About the hotel
Situated in the historic city of Cambridge, a short walk from the rail station and university colleges, this charming Hotel boasts elegant accommodation, indulgent spa and wellness facilities and free Wi-Fi. Dating back to the 1850, the building has been subjected to a regular programme of tasteful modernisation and enhancement. Each of the en-suite guestrooms has been elegantly furnished, providing luxury and relaxation in equal measure.
Each morning guests can enjoy a traditional English breakfast or a continental buffet. There is also a comfortable residents coffee lounge serving a range of fine beers and wine. Propelled by the concept of a holistic lifestyle and well-being, The Boutique Wellness Spa & Fitness Suite rests on the healing philosophy of physical, mental and spiritual health. It features 3 dedicated treatment rooms, a Thermal/Glacial Suite and a state-of-the-art Fitness Suite. Limited parking is available on a first come first served basis. There are only 5 spaces available. The Hotel is within walking distance of all colleges, the University Botanic Garden, the Fitzwilliam Museum and Lion Yard shopping centre. PLEASE NOTE AS OF THE 21ST DECEMBER 14 TILL 4TH JANUARY 15 INCLUSIVE THE HOTEL CLOSES DOWN FOR THE FESTIVE PERIOD. Please note the M6 is up to 10 minutes pending on traffic & time of day, from the conference centre.
Showing Tuesday 2 June 2015 to Wednesday 3 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Public Air Conditioning
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
Old fashioned and very basic: but clean.
This hotel was not luxury as it suggests as it was very old 70s furniture, and the walls were very thin so I spent a long night having to listen to next door.
If you want something clean and basic this is the place to go, but you are definitely paying for the location. As for breakfast, I was put in a corner and ignored. I was not offered anything beyond toast and cereal, so I decided it really wasn't worth my time to hang about and wait for the waitress to notice.
It is a boutique hotel
The Lensfield Hotel calls itself a boutique hotel.
That means the room has a cacophony of patterns in the room. The carpet was heavily patterned; the wallpaper was strips on top; a broad border and different pattern below. The bed covering was yet another pattern (or two). Overall it was a bit of an insult to the eyes. Once past that it was very comfortable and well furnished. I would stay again on my next stay in Cambridge.