- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"The Hotel rooms are being in the process of being refurbished. Ours had been done and was really very good with an tremendous shower. The br..."
"Very nice Hotel just outside the town. Very clean and good value for money. Would recommend...."
"Room up with the gods. Glorious views. Toilet not working. 'Fixed' used once and same problem...."
"A beautiful country house expertly refurbished. Capable and efficient staff. Gorgeous food and quality wine, all combining to make a truly p..."
"It cannot be doubted that this is a very nice place to stay. It is away from the hussle and bussle of the city centre located very close to..."
About the hotel
When you choose Wrea Head you will find a perfect retreat - a country house with character and charm, which has been lovingly complemented finest fabrics, antiques and art collection. Built in 1881, this elegant Scarborough Hotel is set in acres of private grounds in the village of Scalby on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. On arrival, a tantalising glimpse of honeyed stone, from which this country mansion is built, can be seen from the long winding drive - but this adorable country house hotel only reveals its full grandeur once the last corner has been turned.
Wrea Head Hall is set in a truly breathtaking setting and offers uninterrupted views across the Yorkshire countryside.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
Getting there but issues with staff
The Hotel rooms are being in the process of being refurbished.
Ours had been done and was really very good with an tremendous shower. The breakfast however I would say was only just above average as there was nothing special as regards fruit etc ( a dozen Strawberry yogurts but no others) and the service was not overly forthcoming as one had to ask for coffee. Also the staff did seem to be lacking in any get up and go and left tables uncleared yet nothing else to do.
One further slight hic-cup was no Saturday Times arrived as ordered - we were told no Times delivered yet there was one outside a bedroom near us. However we would stay again as this seems to be by far the best hotel in Scarborough.
Wrea Head Hotel Scarborough.
Very nice Hotel just outside the town.
Very clean and good value for money. Would recommend.