- Very Good
- 186 guest reviews
"Arrived late and checked out early, Staff very efficient, would stay again. 2 bottles of water in the room. Thanks guys.😄😄..."
"I not only like this great old building which is a focal part of Newport, the staff are amazing. To me its like a family run hotel and that..."
"Ideal position in city centre room was a bit dated but clean & tidy. receptionist was very helpful & polite. room was at front of building s..."
"The room was very clean, everything we needed was provided and we even got free wifi and entry in to the night club under neath, would defia..."
"After a very long day just wanted somwhere to have a bite to eat couple of beers and decent nights sleep.Booked a single room nice enough......"
About the hotel
The Queen's Hotel is a grade II listed building which was built in 1863, soon after Bridge Street was laid out. We are ideally placed within the city centre being only 2 minutes walk from the main train station and plenty of car parking available in the area. We have 29 individual bedrooms and all have en suite shower facilities.
All of our rooms include tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer and digital televisions. This hotel adjoins a Lloyds No. 1 bar which plays music in the evening. In certain rooms, music may be heard during the evening bar hours. We are ideally located only 5 minutes off Junction 25A of the M4 and 2 minutes walk from Newport train station. There are train connections to Cardiff, Swansea, Birmingham New Street, Manchester Piccadilly and London Paddington. Cardiff is only 20 minutes away by car and 15 minutes by train which is ideal for anyone planning a trip to the Millennium Stadium or concerts at the C. I. A. We are also less than a 10 minute walk from Rodney Parade, the home ground of The Newport Gwent Dragons and Newport RFC. A 50% non-refundable deposit will be taken for any bookings with 5 or more rooms.
Showing Tuesday 28 April 2015 to Wednesday 29 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Meeting Facilities
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 30/11/2009 to 01/12/2009 - Every New Year Booking will include a bottle of Moet et Chandon Champagne which can be collected from the bar & restaurant that is adjoined to the hotel. The LateRooms.com rates for The Queens Hotel, Newport- a JD Wetherspoon Hotel in NEWPORT are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Arrived late and checked out early, Staff very efficient, would stay again.
2 bottles of water in the room. Thanks guys.😄😄
I not only like this great old building which is a focal part of Newport, the staff are amazing.
To me its like a family run hotel and that goes to the reception staff, also the ladies who service the rooms. Cathey is outstanding with her communication skills and being so helpful with sorting out any booking queries / problems. I continually look forward to staying at my favourite hotel. Keep up the good work...