- 1 guest reviews
"I stayed two nights on my way to Invercargill. It is situated in a lovely quite street away from the main streets, but the city centre is st..."
About the hotel
A unique Kiwiana B&B experience in Christchurch, celebrating the New Zealand cultural landscape and Sydenham heritage landscape fabric. Designer Cottage was a sailors' retreat in the 70s and is located in peaceful surroundings just off Colombo Street near the shops and opposite Sydenham Park. The walk to the city centre from the cottage will give you the chance to admire many listed heritage buildings on Colombo Street.
We offer a variety of rooms, which are all tastefully decorated, including shared facilities, private room with en-suite and a self-contained cottage. 2 minutes walk to amenities, Short walk to city centre, Free pick-up from city on arrival, 10 min walk to Jade Stadium, Off street parking, Excellent bus routes, Internet & wireless access available, Hospitable host, Private Garden and Courtyards and take in the Peaceful surroundings Your friendly host, Chet, has an honours degree in Landscape Architecture and is passionate about traditional buildings and his landscaping ideas. Designer Cottage is one of his finest collections of the charms of yesterday and all guests are welcome to view the ‘Designer Village’ and hear his stories about the cottage.
Showing Saturday 25 April 2015 to Sunday 26 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A friendly place to stay
I stayed two nights on my way to Invercargill.
It is situated in a lovely quite street away from the main streets, but the city centre is still in walking distance.
It was nice to have access to a shared kitchen, which is handy, if you want to prepare your own food. Chet was a perfect host. He has a lovely sense of humor, he is friendly and helpful. He gave me information what is worth seeing and he organised the transport for me to the airport. I loved staying here.