"Very cheap so can't complain too much! Staff were very friendly and helpful. However shower was cold and walls were quite thin so I could he..."
About the hotel
Within walking distance to the shops, 24hr supermarket, bank, post office, off-license and take-away restaurants. Access to Westfield’s Tunbridge Wells Shopping Centre is by bus routes. Anand Lodge also provides self-catering facilities on request.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, located just 30 miles south of London, is surrounded by glorious Kent countryside. In Georgian times, this historic spa town gained a reputation as the place to see and be seen. Today visitors to Tunbridge Wells in Kent can enjoy a relaxing short break or day out, taking part in outdoor activities, exploring the many gardens, castles and historic houses, shopping in Royal Tunbridge Wells Surrounded by beautiful Wealden countryside and just a short train journey from London's Charing Cross and easily accessible by car from the coast and the main road routes in the South East, Royal Tunbridge Wells makes an ideal base for a short break or a pleasant day out - either just exploring the town and the historic Pantiles walkway, discovering the seven wonders of the Weald and some of the dozens of gardens, stately homes, churches, great outdoors and other places to visit in the area, relaxing in a quaint village pub, enjoying some retail therapy or unwinding in the surrounding countryside.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 17:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 03/07/2015 to 03/07/2024 - Car Park Charges: £2 for vehicle up to 1.0cc £3 for vehicle up to 2.0cc £4 for vehicle up to 3.0cc £5 for vehicle up to 4.0cc £10 for large van The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
41% would recommend it to a friend
Do not stay here. Not worth it.
Had called owner previously to ask if we could turn up at 11 as we had a wedding to get to by 12.
Said was fine. Arrived on the day to a rude gentleman who said we could not check in until half 6 as stated on our booking form. He said it wasn't his problem etc. Eventually put us in a room. Wasn't expecting a 'deluxe double' to be two single beds pushed together with mismatched dirty sheets. Seemed to be no management. No one could be bothered to help and said no refund was possible. During our one night stay two couples left because their rooms were worse than ours.. Would definitely not recommend!.
I'd rather not stay here again ...
The greeting at reception (which reminded me of a cab office reception) was welcoming ..
once someone appeared. We were behind a lady who had difficulty checking in due to her booking being 'lost' which delayed our check in and we were on a time schedule so this was a little frustrating.
We managed check in efficiently but were a little shocked to be given a post it note with a numerical and alphabetical code to gain access to our bedroom. A little tricky when you return to the hotel late and the hallway is rather gloomy.
The room was tired and the bathroom dirty and poorly equipped. The toilet roll holder was broken. The soap dispenser was too large for the tiny sink. But at this stage we were grateful for a room.
Our room was on the ground floor. The net curtains were about a foot too short for the window meaning that visitors to reception or standing outside could see into the bedroom. One of the staff waved at us through the window. A little disconcerting, and it meant we had to have the full curtains closed when changing. The 'wardrobe' was some hangers on the back of the door to an adjoining bedroom. It was poorly painted and the furniture looked like it had come from a second hand shop. We declined breakfast which was an additional 5 pounds charge as the breakfast table would only seat 2 and it didn't look particularly inviting when we saw it laid out for others.
We arrived back late to the hotel as we were at a festival, and were told that although the front door locked at 2 am, the back door was permanently open. Wonderful for our late access but hardly secure. The garden was looking sorry for itself with a couple of caravans at the end of the garden, and old guttering and old pots strewn across the forgotten lawn.
Parking charges are additional dependent on the size of your engine. I'm not aware that a 2 or 3 litre car would take up any more space than a 1 litre. The parking was laid out in such a way that engine size was completely irrelevant. Overall the room gave us quite a few laughs due to the poor condition of everything, but I wouldn't return unless I was completely desperate. Which is unlikely ...!!