- Very Good
- 33 guest reviews
"We used this location as a break on a journey from Yorkshire to Skye. The main part of the hotel is lovely and the place itself is in a supe..."
"Set in rural Pershire beside the river Tay the hotel may seem remote but the surroundings are idyllic. We stayed in the Riveside suite sligh..."
"The House was exultant. But we felt that the Lawns and paths was not of the best standard, The Service and hospitality was first class ...."
"Lovely hotel had great night sleep...."
"We were warmly welcomed and made to feel at home as soon as we set foot in the Hotel. The scenery with views over the mighty River Tay as lo..."
About the hotel
Situated within its own 1500 acre estate Ballathie Country House Hotel has the enviable stunning location on the banks of the River Tay only a few miles from the City of Perth, Gateway to the Scottish Highlands. Ballathie House has been a country house retreat for generations of guests and prides itself on a long history of looking after people. A tradition which now continues as a four star luxury hotel with a 2AA rosette award winning fine dining restaurant.
The hotel has 41 bedrooms with Classic rooms in the main house enjoying views overlooking the river or surrounding countryside and each one being individually decorated, offering comfort and all amenities expected of a luxury country house. Also located in the main house are the Master bedrooms which are spacious with modern touches having been sensitively introduced to blend well with the period features. Master bedrooms are subject to availability on request with a room supplement applicable. Perfect for special occasions. The Riverside Hotel rooms lie a mere 100 yards from the main house, linked by a lit pathway through the garden. Each bedroom is incredibly restful with its own patio or balcony with spectacular views over the River Tay. All riverside rooms have the same luxurious finish as the rooms in the main hotel. Suites are subject to availability on request with a room supplement applicable. Sportsman’s lodges are a short stroll, (80 yards), from the main house. Each room is self contained with its own private access and private facilities, offering good quality alternative three star accommodation. Breakfast is served in the main hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet , Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
We used this location as a break on a journey from Yorkshire to Skye.
The main part of the hotel is lovely and the place itself is in a superb setting. We were allocated a room in an annex which is graded 3* which was fine for us and the dog. The only negative being a disturbance at 01:00 by a noisy group of young fishermen returning from the bar. Breakfast was served in a country house setting and I enjoyed the poached haddock with 2 eggs with croissants afterwards. Nice.
Set in rural Pershire beside the river Tay the hotel may seem remote but the surroundings are idyllic.
We stayed in the Riveside suite slightly off the main hotel with a short walk (100m) through the gardens. Rooms was large, comfortable, clean and well serviced. The food by award wining chef Scot was very good and can only be praised.
Although being very busy the service did not falter and nothing was too much trouble. A great place to spoil yourself that deserves all its stars.