- 84 guest reviews
"Stayed in (family) room 222 with elderly parents - which has a main room comprising of a queen size bed, and a separate room with two single..."
"Very nice. Good location. Not too busy. Good service. The only downside was we have a car and parking is always difficult. Charged £8 to par..."
"This is my second stay at The Courtlands Hotel. Rarely do I stay at a hotel twice but this one impressed me on both stays. The first time I..."
"The people were very polite, the room could of been updated. There is a step into the wash room that could of been made clear I kept trippin..."
About the hotel
*'More than a hotel; The Courtlands is an iconic piece of Hove's history,stretched contentedly along a prestigious tree-lined avenue within a short walk of the famous promenade and shingle seafront. * *Quietly grand by nature, this is understated splendour and restful style,with friendly and professional service. * *We offer comfortable accommodation with style; each of our sixty-six en suite rooms are different – some traditional, with an eclectic mix of beautiful and authentic antique furniture, some contemporary with chic and minimal style – whether old or new, each room has complimentary wifi.
. . '*
Showing Sunday 30 August 2015 to Monday 31 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/04/2015 to 06/09/2024 - The Hotel secure private car park is available to guests at an extra charge of £8.00 per night per car The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Dated but adequate accommodation
The Courtlands is squeezed in amongst the old 3/4 storey houses on the Drive adjacent to the promenade , the facade is tired looking and interior in keeping with the age of the accommodation , staff tended to be foreign or English being second language should I say , and room was clean and adequate.
My business weekend left me little time in the room other than to sleep in. The bar staff were friendly but breakfast staff slow and ponderous . My conference started escape morning at 8.30am and the breakfast room only unlocked at 8.00at weekends which left a mad dash to Brighton after a very hurried breakfast . Food adequate though . You pay an additional £8 per day in the car park at the rear which considering I paid £26 per day a mile up the road in Brighton seems reasonable . All in all an adequate standard of bed and breakfast accommodation probably overdue a refurb.
I wouldn't stay there again.
Hotel needs a complete overhaul, very dated, furniture, decor & beds very old.
No air conditioning, no fans in the room (none at reception when asked).
I went for breakfast and left it as sausage was raw in the middle and eggs were very under cooked.
Overall very poor. How it got 3 stars I will never know.