- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"Really enjoyed our stay. The pool was a great extra which we were able to use.We will visit again!!..."
"Hotel receptionist Jessica was fantastic, so helpful and friendly. The food is of a very high quality and the breakfast was very good. Staff..."
"The hotel looks and feels traditionally old fashioned. Our spacious room was in a modern annex, with reasonably fast free WiFi.There was onl..."
"very friendly and helpful staff but hotel is dated and rather expensive for what it is...."
"Hotel is great. Nice place, but would need a car as there is nothing to do locally. Dining/restaurant staff speak in their own language (It..."
About the hotel
This stunning Tudor mansion not 15 minutes from Hastings overlooks the ancient village of Sedlescombe and offers exceptional cuisine, free WI-FI and parking and friendly staff. Originally built in 1599 the property is infused with a rich history and a classic Old World charm. Having been lovingly maintained, its period features blend sympathetically with a thoroughly modern standard of comfort and convenience.
The Hotel is privately owned and run by a friendly team of experienced staff who are dedicated to providing a welcoming home-from-home atmosphere. With a large beautifully maintained garden and some truly inspiring surroundings it is the perfect place to unwind and indulge in some traditional country living. The hotel has garnered an impressive reputation for the quality of its food. Specialising in traditional British cuisine with a contemporary twist, everything is cooked fresh on the premises, using locally sourced seasonal produce. The delightful dining room is brimming with character, including period features such as beautiful beamed ceilings. The hotel also has a spacious residents' lounge with French windows opening onto the garden, perfect for pre-dinner drinks and parties. The oak-panelled bar offers a wide selection of drinks, an extensive wine list and features a roaring log fire during the Winter months. The Hotel's Garden Room conservatory is an ideal venue for functions and small parties or conferences in a private environment. There is also a residents only out-door heated swimming pool, situated in the hotel garden it is perfect for unwinding and relaxing during the warm Summer months.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- Outdoor Pool , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 29/07/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please note - Pets are charged £7.50 per pet per night and owners needs to bring their own food. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
The Brickwall Hotel
Really enjoyed our stay.
The pool was a great extra which we were able to use.We will visit again!!
Hotel receptionist Jessica was fantastic, so helpful and friendly.
The food is of a very high quality and the breakfast was very good. Staff in the dining room were friendly and attentive. I think the cleaning staff deserve a mention as the room and bathroom were spotless. We had a room overlooking the village green which was very pleasant. Will return in summer or autumn and would recommend this well run hotel.