- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Fine would recommend...."
"Lovely few days, clean, well run hotel, with very helpful staff and nice spa facilities..."
"Excellent value for money, suited my purpose perfectly. Great breakfast choice...."
"Excellent accommodation, staff were very friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay..."
"Was disappointed that pool and jacuzzi was closed on arrival, but the hotel gave us an up-grade on the room. Happily the facilities were all..."
About the hotel
Peacefully located near the quaint town of Sandown, this luxurious spa hotel offers indulgent relaxation with great treatments and facilities, an outdoor spa pool, fine-dining and free Wi-Fi and parking. Far removed from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the property cultivates a pleasurable atmosphere of hedonistic escapism. Exclusively for adults and children over 14 years of age, everything has been specifically designed to help guests relax, unwind and feel perfectly pampered.
Whether enjoying a rejuvenating dip in the spa-cuzzi, a beautifying Decléor facial treatment or simply sipping a cocktail on the Sun Terrace, guests will have no trouble succumbing to its seductive charms. The Hotel’s emphasis on rest and relaxation is reflected throughout their 30 en-suite guestrooms. Guests can be confident that they’ll receive all the necessary home-from-home comforts as well as a few luxurious touches to make their stay that much more pleasurable. Every room includes complimentary Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TV with Sky Channels, comfy duvets, dressing gowns, spa therapy toiletries, hairdryer and tea & coffee making facilities. Single, Double and Twin options are available. For added indulgence there are Spa Rooms with their own private spa bath and, for those truly special occasions, there are spacious Superior Rooms with either a romantic four-poster or a 6-foot King-Size bed. The renowned Summerhill Restaurant offers a first class culinary experience. It incorporates the finest locally sourced and seasonal ingredients to create delicious meals that are sure to satisfy and tantalise in equal measure. The restaurant also boasts a beautiful location overlooking the patio and the outdoor swimming pool. For a few pre-dinner or post-dinner drinks the Festival Bar offers a tempting array of beverages as well as a varied cocktail menu. True to its namesake, it is decorated with iconic memorabilia from the Great Isle of Wight Pop Festivals of 1968, 1969 and 1970. The fabulous Hotel Leisure Club offers guests a choice of two pools (indoor and outdoor), spa-cuzzi, sauna, detox cabins and a large outdoor hot-tub. For the ultimate indulgence, the Utopia Spa offers a wide range of spa treatments including relaxing massages, Decleor Facials, body scrubs and wraps, manicures and pedicures, waxing, tinting and St Tropez spray tans. The Hotel is situated just a five minute walk from the seaside resort town of Sandown on the Isle of Wight. For added convenience it also has free on-site parking for guests. Portsmouth offers excellent transport links (by both rail and air) and is approximately a 90 minute drive from the Hotel via ferry at Fishbourne. Sandown rail station is within walking distance from the Hotel, alternatively Sandown Airport is only a ten minute taxi ride away. Melville Hall Hotel benefits from a privileged location that provides visitors with fantastic access to a wide selection of local attractions and points of interest. Whether a relaxing break or an activity driven holiday there is something for everyone to enjoy. Nearby Sandown is the premier seaside resort on the Isle of Wight and offers a superb sandy beach (with opportunities for a variety of water sports), a traditional fun-filled pier as well as numerous waterfront cafes, bars and amusement arcades. Sandown is also home to the Isle of Wight Zoo which specialises in tigers and other big cats as well as Dinosaur Isle, Britain’s first purpose built Dinosaur museum and visitor attraction. Further family fun can be had at Blackgang Chine an eccentric mix of thrilling rides, scenic Victorian gardens, educational tours and themed attractions. Melville Hall is also a great place to stay during the summer’s famous Isle of Wight music festival at Seaclose Park. The Hotels indulgent ambiance is an inspired alternative to the muddy fields and sleepless nights of the festivals campsite.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Indoor Pool , Outdoor Pool , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
A disappointing room
The staff could not have been more helpful unfortunately the room we stayed in was way below modern standards, the cleanliness was good however the fittings - layout - and standards were very poor we would have been better in a tent.
Melville Hall Hotel and Utopia Spa
Fine would recommend.