- Very Good
- 51 guest reviews
"Clean, well positioned hotel for exploring Winchester. I was on a course at the hospital which is a reasonable 15-20 minute walk from the ho..."
"The hotel was right in the centre of the city, but sitting in the beautiful walled garden all you can hear is the birds. Lovely hotel, brill..."
"We were in Winchester overnight to sing in the Space for Peace at the Cathedral and this was an equally peaceful venue to stay. A little dis..."
"Really lovely interior, large room. Handmade shortbread biscuits to have with the tea and coffee was a nice little touch. Had a nice view of..."
"I needed a room in Winchester at short notice due to work and found a good deal through Late Rooms. Lovely hotel, friendly staff and a very..."
About the hotel
Winner of Service Excellence in the Winchester BID Awards 2016, this recently refurbished charming 81-bedroom hotel is in the heart of historic Winchester. It offers on-site parking (charges apply), elegant rooms with satellite TV, and is a 5-minute walk from the cathedral. The Winchester Royal dates back to the 1300s, and has been a hotel for the past two centuries.
The spacious bedrooms have a cozy sitting area, private bathroom and facilities for making tea and coffee. Overlooking the beautiful walled garden, the award-winning Conservatory Restaurant serves a modern European menu throughout the day. Full English and continental breakfasts are available each morning. Winchester Train Station is a 10-minute walk The Winchester Royal dates back to the 1300s, and has been a hotel for the past two centuries. The spacious bedrooms have a cozy sitting area, private bathroom and facilities for making tea and coffee. Overlooking the beautiful walled garden, the award-winning Conservatory Restaurant serves a modern European menu throughout the day. Full English and continental breakfasts are available each morning. Winchester Train Station is a 10-minute walk away, and Royal Winchester Golf Club is a 10-minute drive away. A choice of shops and museums are within easy walking distance. Winchester Royal Hotel has limited on-site car parking which is charged at £10 per night for hotel guests. Other charges apply for non-residents. Alternative public car parking is available close-by. Winchester doesn’t take booking for car parking spaces, so it operates on first come first served basis. Hotel Rooms: 81, Hotel Chain: St. James Group
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 22/03/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please be aware for bookings of 6 rooms or more additional terms will apply to your reservation. For full details please contact LateRooms. Limited car parking available at £10 per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
The Winchester Royal
Clean, well positioned hotel for exploring Winchester.
I was on a course at the hospital which is a reasonable 15-20 minute walk from the hotel.
Good location and comfortable bed.
The location is just perfect.
The bed is big and comfortable. Reception is useless. They are not able to advise you about parking, with all the bad reviews they get on tripadvisor the management should make sure they are perfectly trained about it. It takes ages to contact someone in reception. Reception does not know how to transfer a call from a room to another. No idea of what the costumer booked (girl at the reception at 10pm), I had to take my reservation out and show that I was staying in an executive room and homemade biscuits where on my confirmation; it looked like she was not able to see in her system what room I had booked and she had not idea what my booking included. Bathrooms are very dated and look not really clean, the hotel is lacking in cleanless.