- Very Good
- 27 guest reviews
"Just had a two day break for a relaxing break with my wife being in ill health could not picked a better hotel going back soon..."
"Lovely hotel, food in the bar was lovely, there was a function on the same evening so very busy and loud but overall a lovely stay. No phone..."
"We arrived on the 27/11/15, nice room, tv broke and crt replacement provided. Bath water not hot enough for a bath. No wifi. Drunk people ru..."
"We were very impressed with it all, very enjoyable weekend, would certainly go back,and also recommend it to our friends...."
"Even though we didn't spend much time in the hotel as we were only using it as a base to visit family, the staff were all friendly and hotel..."
About the hotel
Nestled within a secluded valley high in the Cumbrian Fells, yet only minutes from the M6, The BEST WESTERN Shap Wells Hotel is a comfortable and traditional hotel offering high standards of service in a friendly and attentive atmosphere and is the perfect spot from which to explore the Lake District, Yorkshire Fells and Border Country. Arrival at the hotel begins with a mile long drive along a private road, with breathtaking and rugged scenery in every direction, sheep and cattle along the way, a pretty waterfall, and a trickling stream running by the front door. Whatever your ideal activity, be it long strenuous walks or gentle strolls, you will experience the peace and serenity of breaking free from the madding crowd and return to a warm welcome and comfortable surroundings.
For our business guests we offer a fully equipped business centre with 7 meeting rooms to accommodate from 8 to 180, in addition to our Birkbeck Restaurant, which is ideal for larger groups. With ample free parking, outstanding views and the space and tranquility that the rural surroundings provide, our guests return to us time after time.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
the best western shap hotel
Just had a two day break for a relaxing break with my wife being in ill health could not picked a better hotel going back soon
One night stay
Lovely hotel, food in the bar was lovely, there was a function on the same evening so very busy and loud but overall a lovely stay.
No phone reception within the hotel but just outside you can make a call. Would recommend as a good value hotel.