- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"I booked the Old Bell after another b&b cancelled my booking two days before a wedding I was attending nearby. Staff at the Old Bell were ve..."
"When I first saw the hotel advertised, I thought that it looked lovely, set in its own grounds and quite peaceful. However it is situated in..."
"The hotel has bags of character, quirky room, walls not square so the bed was at a jaunty angle in the room. A few minor issues, missing rem..."
"We stayed at the Hotel one night to attend a wedding in Great Somerford, because of the lateness of our booking all the superior rooms were..."
About the hotel
This beautiful period property is steeped in character with log fires, paintings, stone walls and period furniture. It is reputed to be England's oldest hotel, adjacent to the famous Abbey in the historic town of Malmesbury, on the edge of the Cotswolds. Dine in Edwardian splendour in the award winning restaurant.
This ideal location, 5 minutes from Junction 17 of the M4 motorway, makes a perfect base to explore the Cotswolds, Westonbirt Arboretum and many other attractions in the area. Cirencester, Chippenham and Swindon are a short drive away and so are the Roman city of Bath and Bristol. **We also provide gift wrapped chocolates and house champagne, for those special occasions. Please call the hotel directly if you wish to purchase these gifts, and we can ensure they are placed in your room prior to arrival, along with a personalised message**
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Babysitting services, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Mountain Bike Hire, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Old Bell Hotel
I booked the Old Bell after another b&b cancelled my booking two days before a wedding I was attending nearby.
Staff at the Old Bell were very accommodating, allowing us early check-in, reserving us a twin room (even though they were running short), and even lending us a tie when one of our party realised he had forgotten his. Our cancellation was a blessing in disguise, and the hotel is in a beautiful setting in Malmesbury.
Excellent service, shame about hotel.
When I first saw the hotel advertised, I thought that it looked lovely, set in its own grounds and quite peaceful.
However it is situated in a town with a very small car park and unfortunately during my stay there was a carnival on which was very loud and bright. I had planned to get an early night but it was vertually impossible until after 9:30-10pm. I also was very surprised that the garden area was far smaller than what it looked in the pictures. I had a single room which was very small and not worth the price. It was clean but the shower seemed cheap. Overall disappointed but I would return because the staff were excellent expecially the receptionist who was able to sort out an early breakfast for myself and really tried her best to please EXCELLENT.