- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"This is a very olde worlde pub where there could well be ghosts! The room I stayed in was overlooking the outer central part of Devizes - wh..."
"Good place to stay throughout. comfortable, and interesting building, good hosts, good beer and good food. Excellently situated in Devizes,..."
"We booked the accommodation as it was close to the venue for a family celebration. Lovely welcome from Fiona. Rooms clean and attractive. 40..."
"The hotel is over 500 years old so has a great deal of character. The landlord couldn't have been more helpful and has a great deal of local..."
"The White Bear is a historic town-centre inn of the type that these days you read about more often than experience for yourself. It was warm..."
About the hotel
The White Bear is reputed to be the oldest pub in Devizes, with a lineage that can be traced back to the first recorded landlord in 1567! It is set close to the market square in the heart of the town. Close enough to the brewery for our beer be delivered by the last working horse drawn dray in the country. The traditional bar area features original beams and a wood burning stove, giving a wonderful authentic atmosphere.
Serving a full range of wines, spirits and soft drinks, our real pride is in our real ales, brewed at the Wadworths brewery situated less than a mile from the pub. At local real ales are available at all times and we regularly feature seasonal craft ales.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
In the centre of Devizes
This is a very olde worlde pub where there could well be ghosts.
The room I stayed in was overlooking the outer central part of Devizes - which suits me fine. The lady looking after it while the owners were away, was very accommodating and helpful with my vegan diet. Very nice bed meant a good nights sleep!
The excellent White Bear
Good place to stay throughout.
comfortable, and interesting building, good hosts, good beer and good food. Excellently situated in Devizes, which is a very attractive town and a good base to explore the area -although public transport is not good anywhere in Wiltshire now.