"everything was fine!..."
About the hotel
The Blue Sea Santa Maria Hotel & Apartments is positioned to give easy access to the resort attractions, 500 metres to the Bugibba seafront and promenade with its many bars, restaurants and shops as well as to the sandy beaches, the main bus routes to Valletta and Sliema and to the Gozo ferry terminal situated in the Northern part of the Island. The modern Santa Maria is stylish with comfortable furnishings and attractive decor around a large swimming pool. This hotel is situated opposite the Blue Sea San Anton Hotel & Apartments and shares the same facilities.
The hotel rooms are served by 4 lifts and all have private balconies, direct dial telephone system, central heating, ceiling fans, safe deposit boxes, television and full bath with hand-held shower. Air-Conditioning is now available at an extra daily charge of €10 per unit per night, payable direct to the hotel. Also available are mini-frigo bars and tea/coffee making facilities at a minimum charge.
- 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Safety Deposit Box , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Restaurant , Bar
- Outdoor Pool
- In Room Entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 14/07/2014 to 31/12/2018 - A refundable deposit of €50 may be collected from the clients on arrival. Introduction of Government Eco Tax at check in of €0.50 per adult per day (maximum of €5.00) valid from arrivals 01 June 2016 The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Poor service, dirty and dated
This was our first trip to Malta and we loved the place so much that were planning a second trip later this year.
However we will not be returning to this hotel. The decor was really mismatched and dated but this wasn't an issue as we realise this is to be expected for the price we paid. However what wasn't expected were the following:
* The Bathroom fittings were so old that the dirt was ingrained. * there was a shower head, but no wall fitting to attach it to
* we only had the room cleaned twice during our seven day stay. Neither time were we given clean towels, so we constantly had to ask for them at reception (in fact we had to ask for towels on our arrival). One time we were told they didn't have any
* the food was acceptable, however the dining room at the sister hotel where we had to eat breakfast for the first five mornings was dirty, with greasy grime on the dado rails right next to were you sat to eat
* there seemed to be an unexplained shortage of knifes, and mugs
* all of the room doors were ill fitting and had to be slammed to be shut. Therefore there was a constant banging of doors day and night
* our bathroom door wouldn't close at all
We know we were in a budget hotel and accept that we wouldn't be getting a four star service, in fact the phrase of the holiday became "you get what you pay for". The final straw that has led us to leave this review is that on morning five of our holiday when I opened the curtains the curtain rail fell down. We reported this to reception immediately explaining that it needed to be fixed quite urgently as there was no privacy in the room without curtains. We then went out for the day but on our return the curtains still hadn't been fixed. We reported this agian, again explaining how important this was especially went it went dark and were told again that someone would come and fix it. When this still hadn't been fixed by bedtime my partner bodged it by tying the end of the rail to the TV. It was still like that when we left.
everything was fine!