- Very Good
- 29 guest reviews
"A nice, good-value hotel situated within easy walking distance of Gloucester centre. Convenient parking. The hotel has character although ro..."
"Basic but quiet and comfortable. It is only 10 mins walk from the centre of town and 10 minutes walk from the station. Not in a beautiful pa..."
"room rather cramped but satisfactory for a short stay. Some noise from the road outside. Good breakfast and useful to to be able to have bre..."
"Excellent staff and proprietor very helpful and informative. Food first rate...."
"My stay at this hotel was very nice. The single room was spacious and well equipped. It was warm and clean although a little dark thanks to..."
About the hotel
The Edward Hotel is a Grade II listed Victorian terraced hotel centrally located in beautiful historic Gloucester. Part of the hotel was built in 1796 and the rest in 1832, when Gloucester was a thriving inland port. Strengths of Edward Hotel are location, parking, location, private ownership, location and the balance struck between quality and value for money.
Emphasis is upon accommodation rather than fine dining, and upon peace and quiet rather than late bars and parties. All bedrooms at The Edward Hotel are non smoking and ensuite. All have wi fi access, tea and coffee making and digital channels on flat screen TVs. At reception there is a computer workstation with printer, webcam and skype free for guest use. In the lounge there is a 42" TV with DVD player, an open fireplace with log burning fire, complimented by a leather suite. The bar has an informal sociable atmosphere and is generally open till approx' 11. 30pm. Guests can sit, even breakfast, in the pretty, well established garden. Parking in Gloucester is difficult so our large car park is a real bonus. Guests may use it on morning of arrival and all day on day of departure. There is a locking area and garage for bicycles. A short stroll passing some classic architecture leads to Gloucester city centre. From here the Cathedral, Guildhall, GL1, Gloucester Rugby Club, the Docks, Quays and museums are readily walkable. The Edward Hotel backs onto Gloucester Royal Hospital. To the north approx' 300m is Hillfield gardens another 300m walk leads to Gloucester University Oxstalls campus. Officially check in at The Edward Hotel is from 14:30 but morning arrival is possible, just inform us, if the room is ready it is a bonus if not we will give you a check-in time. Check Out is 10:30 weekdays 11. 00 weekends. We are a non smoking hotel. Regrettably we cannot accept pets with exception to guide dogs. We can always cater for vegetarian, gluten and dairy free breakfasts, please let us know if you have any other requirements. Our reputation is in your hands.
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 11:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Convenient and Friendly
A nice, good-value hotel situated within easy walking distance of Gloucester centre.
Convenient parking. The hotel has character although room was a little small. Quiet despite overlooking busy road. Breakfast was good selection but cheap ingredients. Better quality bread would make a big difference.
Basic but quiet and comfortable.
It is only 10 mins walk from the centre of town and 10 minutes walk from the station. Not in a beautiful part of town but a peaceful and pleasant hotel with excellent staff.