- Very Good
- 114 guest reviews
"The weather was beautiful and so the Bell wasbusy. There was a certain amount of noise from the bar but this was made clear in the advert an..."
"friendly hosts, daily room clean, opaque glass in window meant we could not see out at all, very light curtains insufficient to block out co..."
"The Bell Inn is a small, ageing / character property in a lovely area. We liked the village of Ducklington. People were friendly and obligin..."
"Good food, friendly staff, great to chill out at and enjoy if you want to relax...."
About the hotel
The Bell Inn is situated on the edge of the Cotswold’s, in the Village of Ducklington, just off of the A415 and A40. it is a pre-13th century building with thatched roof and open fires, very much an olde worlde village pub! As you come into the village you will see the village church (origin 1150) the village duckpond and the Bell Inn. The village of Ducklington is a great community and all the locals having a story to tell about the history of the pub and the village and playing old but simple pub games.
We have a pool table situated in the lounge area, a TV screen and a hook the ring on the horn! Aunt sally is played weekly and is part of a big Oxford traditional league game, well worth watching! The original part of the pub apparently was built for the workers that built the church, it was then extended to make further bar room a restaurant and B&B. Occasionally we do have live music on a Friday or Saturday night , as all our rooms are situated above the bar via an outside staircase, Please do bear this in mind when booking. If in doubt please phone directly where we will be pleased to advise you if we have entertainment on the weekend that you require.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
A place to rest your head
The weather was beautiful and so the Bell wasbusy.
There was a certain amount of noise from the bar but this was made clear in the advert and was not a problem. The room was clean and comfortable. As we were only in the area for one night we wanted somewhere that could provide an evening meal and the food was excellent. We would be happy to stay there again.
Good basic accommodation
friendly hosts, daily room clean, opaque glass in window meant we could not see out at all, very light curtains insufficient to block out constantly flashing sensor light all night, limited options for hot drinks