- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"Stayed here 6 months ago. Good venue and good VFM. Room showing signs of the need for a little maintenance - shelf needing repair in bathroo..."
"The Hotel is far out of Chester-le-Street and so the address is a little misleading. The staff, food and cleanliness are very good but the o..."
"A hidden Gem on the outskirts of Newcastle. Myself, husband and son stayed in this lovely little hotel from 29th April - 1st May 2016 and we..."
"The accommodation was lovely and the room's attractiveness and warmth was most welcome on what was a freezing winter evening. The staff were..."
"A great place to stay - very friendly staff and warm and clean accommodation..."
About the hotel
Welcome to the Bowes Incline Family Owned Country Pub and Hotel The Hotel maintains the 18 en-suite rooms and warm, friendly welcome which have made it extremely popular with visitors to the region. However, it is as an eating place that visitors will see the greatest changes to the Hotel. The property has been carefully redesigned to accommodate over 100 diners and yet maintain a relaxed atmosphere The new design acknowledges the importance of the Bowes Incline in regional industrial history and uses it to produce an interesting, intimate and smoke-free setting in which you can enjoy dishes from a menu created to be both appealing and tempting.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
88% would recommend it to a friend
Stayed here 6 months ago.
Good venue and good VFM. Room showing signs of the need for a little maintenance - shelf needing repair in bathroom. As previously commented, breakfasts aren't the best. Token fru it offer, greasy fry up, cheap sausage. Don't let this put you off unless breakfasts are a big thing for you. I (we) would return.
Good business hotel maybe not so for a leisure visit
The Hotel is far out of Chester-le-Street and so the address is a little misleading.
The staff, food and cleanliness are very good but the outside garden area is not well kept and being so close to the A1 is very noisy. There is also a lack of a lounge area to sit after a meal and maybe have a coffee and as it is so isolated there is no-where maybe to have a stroll at night. Our room for 2 only had one chair, another minus point. The bathroom radiator was burning hot, a hazard to touch and made the room unbearable and that was made worse as the traffic noise limited our opening of the window. Maybe not for a leisure break.