- 46 guest reviews
"Staff were excellent and hotel very well appointed..."
"My brother came out of Hospital, and I had to get somewhere to stay quickly, so I chose this young hotel. The staff are mainly young and ine..."
"Superb hotel for a three star. Service excellent from all staff, room and food spot on. Only gripe was poor wifi in my room, however I under..."
"Stayed 3 nights. Wonderful. Lovely comfortabe room. Room service & cleanliness excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wished we could h..."
"On a touring holiday we only stayed one night but felt really relaxed afterwards. The welcome at the desk was excellent & a good indication..."
About the hotel
Located on the A37 amidst the rolling Dorset countryside between Yeovil and Dorchester and only 20 miles from Wymouth and Portland. This family owned hotel offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, an AA Rosette awarded restaurant and access to a world class shooting ground and a national motor sport licensed kart circuit with a 815 metre track. All rooms are en-suite, air conditioned and finished to a high standard, with soft pillows and comfy beds you are assured of a great night’s sleep.
For a taste of fine dining there is the Kings AA Rosette awarded Restaurant, where the talented kitchen team are passionate about providing seasonal, modern British cuisine using fresh locally sourced ingredients to create a dining experience to remember. Within a short drive you can visit picturesque country villages and towns both large and small; Dorset's celebrated Jurassic Coast and wonderful sandy beaches. Please note: it is advisable to reserve tables for dinner especially at weekends, if required, in advance. Please note: Due to its location the hotel is a popular location for weddings & parties.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
George Albert Hotel
Staff were excellent and hotel very well appointed
Not bad, for a youngster
My brother came out of Hospital, and I had to get somewhere to stay quickly, so I chose this young hotel.
The staff are mainly young and inexperienced, yet much like puppies, are friendly, keen to help, but apt to trip over their paws.
Evening meals looked enticing, but were too rich for my wallet. Late night snacks were meticulous, caringly made, and served with a genuine smile. Waitress-served breakfast was hot , fresh and tasty, but the buffet-style breakfast was unappealing and congealed.
Good views from my (small) window, no road noise, but late-night and early morning door slamming reminded me of budget hotels.
I wanted to take the bed home with me, though .
Suffering as I do with arthritis, I found the smart but utilitarian bathroom suite small and awkward to use. Lots of space around the room, including room to entertain or share a "Room Service" meal. Room facilities were as described, but I couldn't reduce the colour on the TV, not that I watched it. Notwithstanding my moans and groans, I shall probably stay there next time I visit my brother, as I feel they have an overall good level of service and product, but definitely not when they have a conference, or an "event".