- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"A great stay. Friendly and informative staff...."
"The hotel was fantastic, room large and spacious and well equipped. The breakfast was to die for enormous. Ideally situated for Matlock and..."
"Booked it for its location and for what looked like a welcoming and small (non chain) hotel. After a long day traveling, it was perfect. I a..."
"We stayed here so we could visit Crich Tramway Village. Location was good, family room was roomy - we stayed there with our 9 year old grand..."
"A nice countryside place with good rooms and a nice traditional pub with separate restaurant upstairs. Room was very spacious and clean, no..."
About the hotel
In a quiet location, close to the Peak District, Chatsworth House and historic Chesterfield, this beautifully converted 18-century mill offers free Wi-Fi, lovely en suite rooms and award-winning food. The Batemans Mill Hotel boasts a ground floor bar & eating area, lounge area, restaurant, conference & meeting facilities and 8 individually decorated bedrooms. The hotel also offers ample parking for guests with nearby road, rail and airport links.
With Tourist Board recognition for walkers and cyclists, Batemans Mill provides a great base for exploring the area. The Hotel has 8 individually decorated en-suite bedrooms, all with Freeview TV, tea/coffee making facilities, telephone, free Wi-Fi, trouser press, iron, ironing board & hairdryer. Executive, ground floor, easy access and family rooms are all available as required. The hotel is the ideal retreat for business travellers or perfect for the inquisitive tourist in the Derbyshire Peak District, looking for a comfortable base after a full day exploring the area. The British Steakhouse Restaurant is located on the first floor of the Hotel and has views of its semi rural surroundings. The Restaurant, with its soft warm colouring, adds to the already ideal ambience and compliments the excellent menu making this a dining experience remember. The menu changes with the seasons to allow for the freshest locally sourced produce, ensuring the best possible product for a wonderful dining experience. A daily special board is also available, offering a changing menu catering to different tastes. The Bateman's Bar is on hand to offer a large variety of speciality beers, hand pulls and fruit ciders from around the UK, as well as a vast selection of world wines and full compliment of tea, coffee and soft drinks. Whatever your taste, you are sure to find the ideal drink to enjoy while relaxing in the friendly surroundings of the lounge. Bar meals are available for a more relaxed bite to eat in the comfort of the bar. Batemans Mill makes a great base for visiting this beautiful part of the country, with Chatsworth House only a 20-minute drive away and both Chesterfield and Matlock just 10 minutes away by car. This beautiful part of the country offers much for the visitor with many of the areas leading attractions in easy travelling distance. For walkers and cyclists there a literally hundreds of routes, with water sports, sailing, horse riding and golfing on offer. Nearby attractions include the Chatsworth estate, Haddon & Hardwick Hall, Renishaw Hall, Carsington water, Ladybower reservoir, Bakewell, Matlock, Chesterfield and Buxton. Shopping outlets are located in Bakewell, Matlock and Meadow Hall. Please note your card will be pre-authorised at the time of booking for the total cost of the reservation and £30 expenses per night's accommodation.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Batemans Mill Hotel
A great stay.
Friendly and informative staff.
The hotel was fantastic, room large and spacious and well equipped.
The breakfast was to die for enormous. Ideally situated for Matlock and Chattsworth.