About the hotel
Well located holiday accommodation in glorious Devon with self-service continental breakfast, Check-in from 2pm - 7pm After booking and payment will receive a second email confirming your bedroom allocation and access code details, please ensure you have these details before travelling If you are booking for SAME DAY ARRIVAL you will need to contact the housekeeper for the property with regards to access and your room details and make payment on arrival We provide a generous self-service continental breakfast but we do not provide lunch or dinner however there are two pubs in the village both of which serve great food all day. The property is situated in the quaint village of Malborough, near Salcombe in the South Hams. A lovely, quaint village with a shop and traditional pubs in an area of outstanding natural beauty in South Devon.
From the large balcony on the first floor you can enjoy panoramic views of glorious rolling countryside leading to the coast just a couple of miles away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Golf 18 Hole , Tennis Courts , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing , Horse Riding , Sailing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 29/06/2016 to 30/06/2025 - Check-in from 2pm - 7pm After payment will receive a second email confirming your bedroom allocation and access code details, ensure you have these details before travelling The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
0% would recommend it to a friend
Horrendous, dirty hotel and appalling customer service. Do not stay here.
My wife and I stayed here in May for a wedding reception.
Having travelled from Cardiff we arrived at 6pm. We knew the hotel was unmanned, so were prepared to just collect our key, get changed and head out to the reception. To our dismay, the room was filthy. Dirt and dust everywhere, dirty toilet and full bins. The carpet had obviously gotten damp and was rotting, as were the window frames. There was also a faint smell of ammonia. We tried calling the number we were given "in case of problems" for 2 hours, but no one answered. Eventually we got through but only when we were at the reception. The person on the end of the phone said she couldn't do anything and said we would need to call another number in the morning. This left us with 3 options - find another hotel at 8pm while at a wedding reception, sleep in the car or sleep in the filthy room. Reluctantly we slept in the room. I have now tried for 5 months to communicate with the hotel owners. They have ignored every email I have sent and I can only ever catch them by calling from a different number so that they pick up and don't ignore me. Each time I am fobbed off with a different excuse (not received my emails, need to speak to the accountant, person I need to speak to is on holiday)
Eventually I got through to the owner of Classic Country Houses, a very rude chap. His stance is pretty immovable - "you stayed in the room, you pay, I don't care how dirty it was". It is everyone's fault but the hotels. I have better things to do with my life than continue trying to get a refund. All I can hope is that no one else stays here as it is a foul, rank, disgusting excuse for accommodation.
Avoid like the plague.