- Very Good
- 66 guest reviews
"The hotel has a lovely location overlooking the bay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little tired and it is sad to see t..."
"Visited with elderly mother aged 96 and the staff were just wonderful to her, nothing was too much trouble, and they were one step ahead wit..."
"We booked into this hotel for 2 nights B & B. The room was adequate but could have done with a bit of TLC to bring it back to a good standar..."
"ok a bit dated but so am i. Clean and tidy all the staff we met were polite and helpful. A good breakfast served up, enjoyed while looking o..."
"Great Customer service from checking in to checking out. Friendly and hospitable. Will be happy to return. Breath taking to walk from dinner..."
About the hotel
The Grand Hotel nestles in the heart of the beautiful Isle of Purbeck, commanding a majestic situation providing a most spectacular view across Swanage Bay and Peveril Point. Many of the rooms and public areas take advantage of these delightful views, where you can relax enjoying a drink, read complimentary newspapers and magazines. All 30 bedrooms are individually decorated complementing the ambience of a time gone by.
A lift serves all floors including lower ground where there are full leisure facilities. All bedrooms are individually styled and furnished in keeping with the ambience of the surroundings, some of which enjoy wonderful seaviews. Rooms also offer; tea and coffee making facilities, colour television, hairdryers and telephones. FREE WI-FI IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL. The Restaurant offers fine cuisine, using only the best of fresh local produce to give exciting and innovative cuisine indulging the palate in mouth watering delight. Also there is an extensive bar list on offer in addition to the restaurant menu. The Cocktail Lounge offers a cosy view of the bay and is equipped with deep comfortable sofas where guests can sit back and enjoy all there is to offer, including a large variety of beers, lagers, ciders and keg bitter. Also a large selection of red and white wines, plus sparkling wine and champagne. Burlington Health and Fitness Club located on the lower ground floor of the hotel includes a plunge pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, aerobics machines and extensive weight room, which are free of charge for guests to use. Also there is an array of holistic and traditional massage along with a complete selection of beauty treatments are offered by fully qualified masseurs and beauticians. Aerobics classes for different age groups take place throughout the week (please check for times and availability), and the ping pong table is always ready to use. Dorset and the Isle of Purbeck offer so many great days out, if your feeling adventurous you can enjoy rolling down a hill in a giant inflatable plastic ball (a Zorb), hiking along the renowned Jurassic coast line, visiting the many historic sites and landmarks, or tasting the award-winning Chococo chocolate at their factory and shop located minutes away in the town centre. Also Poole and Bournemouth are just a short distance. The most difficult thing will be deciding where to go first. PLEASE NOTE CHECK IN ON SUNDAYS IS 3:00PM
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/04/2010 to 29/04/2019 - PLEASE NOTE CHECK IN ON SUNDAYS IS 3:00PM The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
82% would recommend it to a friend
A welcoming and well run hotel, with wonderful sea views and garden above the cliffs at the east end
Grand Hotel Swanage
The hotel has a lovely location overlooking the bay.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little tired and it is sad to see the way that things have been allowed to slip.