- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"We've stayed here twice now and enjoyed both visits. All the staff John, James et al are very friendly and helpful. The buildings are very o..."
"We had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay at Woodhill House. Our room was very comfortable and overlooked the pretty walled garden. The food..."
"No handshake, very business like, room was external, lucky it was'nt raining. Very friendly staff. Two TV stations in room, RTE2 and TV3 onl..."
"Stayed at the guest house for two nights this weekend - great hospitality, food, lovely rooms - highly recommend...."
About the hotel
Woodhill House is an historic coastal manor house dating back in parts to the 17th century and formerly the family home of the Nesbitts, local landlords and Ireland's last commercial whaling family of the 19th century. The 6th century religious relic, St. Conal's Bell, was mysteriously stolen from Woodhill House in 1845.
The house which overlooks the beautiful Donegal Highlands is set in its own grounds with an old walled garden. It is half a mile from the sea and a quarter of a mile from the coastal town of Ardara. The house offers unusual and interesting accommodation with private bathrooms/showers, Failte Ireland 3 star rated. There is a fully licensed lounge bar, which has occasional music sessions for tourists and locals alike. Woodhill House is well known for its high quality and reasonably priced restaurant which accommodates houseguests and the general public. The menu is French based using fresh Irish produce, especially seafood from nearby Killybegs, Ireland's leading fishing port
Showing Sunday 26 April 2015 to Monday 27 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Pitch n' Putt, Mountain Bike Hire, Fishing, Horse Riding
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service, Currency Exchange
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Woodhill House in Ardara are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Beautiful romantic accommodation.
We've stayed here twice now and enjoyed both visits.
All the staff John, James et al are very friendly and helpful. The buildings are very old, charming and ooze character. The food is superb and there's a small bar area for a relaxing drink or two. This is a perfect spot for a romantic break.
We had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay at Woodhill House.
Our room was very comfortable and overlooked the pretty walled garden. The food was excellent and dinner on Saturday night was exceptionally good, beautifully cooked and very flavoursome. A real treat. This is a delightful, family-run hotel with a lovely, laid - back and relaxing feel. A great place to unwind!