This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Just five miles from Swindon & J16 of the M4 but set in the heart of the countryside, The Pear Tree at Purton is an elegant Cotswold stone hotel. Formerly the vicarage of the pretty village of Purton, which nestles between the Cotswolds and the Marlborough Downs, it is set in 7. 5 acres of gardens.
It is perfectly placed for an overnight business stay or a special weekend away and is great for visiting West Country attractions including the Cotswolds, Longleat, Blenheim Palace, the Georgian city of Bath and Stonehenge. The Pear Tree has 17 individually decorated en suite rooms and suites, many with spa baths (executives). All the hotel rooms are furnished to a high standard and offer a host of luxury amenities. In The Pear Tree's Conservatory Restaurant, the kitchen team specialises in modern English cooking using the very best of fresh ingredients. Their food has been the recipient of many awards, including two rosettes from the AA, and is matched with an excellent wine list. The Pear Tree's beautiful gardens are a perfect place to relax. Within easy access of Swindon, the hotel, with its peaceful setting in Purton, is the ideal choice for a stay away, meetings, private functions and weddings. The Pear Tree provides stylish function rooms, professional service and excellent food, making it a venue suitable for any occasion. Within the immediate vicinity of The Pear Tree is Lydiard House and Country Park as well as Swindon and Cricklade Railway, with the Cotswold Water Park just eight miles away. The hotel's convenient location puts guests within accessible distance by car from the numerous attractions in the Cotswolds, Wiltshire and nearby Somerset and Oxfordshire. The choice of places to visit during your stay at The Pear Tree is truly astounding, with Stonehenge, Blenheim Palace, Longleat, the Georgian city of Bath, Cheltenham, Gloucester and historic Oxford all within a 40-mile radius of the hotel. Nearby Swindon was one of the world's great railway towns for 150 years and houses the Museum of the Great Western Railway, pioneered by Brunel. The McArthur Glen Designer Outlet is also a popular shopping choice in Swindon for discounted designer fashions. This part of Wiltshire is renowned for its prehistoric sites, with the best known being Stonehenge that stands on Salisbury Plain, west of Amesbury. Avebury is also one of the most important megalithic monuments in Europe and is well worth a visit. England is studded with country houses, and the West Country has some of the country's finest stately homes. Longleat, the ancestral home of the Marquis of Bath and the first safari park in England, is a fascinating place for a day out for the entire family while Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, is just 40 miles from The Pear Tree. Closer to the hotel is Bowood House and Gardens, the home of the Earl of Shelburne, with over 90 acres of gardens landscaped by 'Capability' Brown. Sheldon Manor, one of the oldest homes in England, and Corsham Court are also worth visiting.
Showing Friday 3 July 2015 to Saturday 4 July 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Pear Tree at Purton in SWINDON are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet