- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"This hotel is situated on one of the many narrow raods in Guernsey, and can be challenging to find. We enjoyed an excellent sized room. Ours..."
"Nice hotel very friendly and service was good...."
"Clean and spacious room, comfortable bed and excellent restaurant...."
"Highly recommend to anyone wanting to escape for a few days. The staff were very friendly, the room was clean and spacious. The surrounding..."
About the hotel
This fine Guernsey Hotel was named "La Barbarie" after Barbary Coast pirates kidnapped and put to ransom the owner of this country house in the 17th century. Things are a little quieter around here now!. Nestling in the country Parish of St.
Martin in a quiet green valley close to one of Guernseys most beautiful beaches, La Barbarie Hotel provides easy access to the lovely cliffs, Saints Bay and coves on the South coast of Guernsey. A country location, superb restaurant and a heated swimming pool make La Barbarie Hotel one of the finest Guernsey hotels for short breaks activity and walking holidays. Dining at La Barbarie Hotel is not stuffy. We consider the enjoyment of food is a social as well as a culinary event. Daily menus are exciting without being pretentious and our team are helpful and friendly, never pompous. Chairman of Judges Mr Brian Turner awarded Restaurant La Barbarie the following accolades:- Most inventive starter Best Restaurant Service Best in Competition Category Overall Winner - Guernsey Restaurants of the Year AA 3 Star 80% & AA Rosette
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- Outdoor Pool
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 30/10/2016 to 06/03/2017 - All room types and requests booked on-line will be honoured wherever possible. In case of Room Moves a notification will be sent as soon as possible after booking confirmation occurs. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Good hotel in Guernsey but on the expensive side.
This hotel is situated on one of the many narrow raods in Guernsey, and can be challenging to find.
We enjoyed an excellent sized room. Ours was a quite expensive superior room, and as such I would have expected face flannels, bottled water and perhaps a fridge, none of which were offered. The chambermaid was inclined to forget various things from day to day. Service at breakfast was good and there was a good selection of food available. Overall, all the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The restaurant offers good food and service, but the prices can be high. This is especially so with the A la carte menu, where the dishes offered often do not include vegetables, which you have to purchase extra, and I find that paying £3 for 5 new potatoes a bit of a rip off. It is probably best to stick with the table d'hote menu, which is probably better value. There is a cheaper early evening menu, which we did not try, but the food offered is basically bar food. Wi-fi was intermittent in the room we occupied, but as it was fine in the bar, this mean that the hotel has not invested in the hardware to make the wi-fi reception good throughout the bulidings, which I would have expected for a hotel of this quality and price.
Happy to stay here again
Nice hotel very friendly and service was good.