- Very Good
- 34 guest reviews
"The hotel no longer includes a continental breakfast in the price,, and we were not told this before we went, so it worked out quite expensi..."
"excellent food, friendly staff,lovely old building..."
"The Old School House Hotel is well located just outside Swindon and near to the M4 junction 16 so well placed for getting to places in the a..."
"We enjoyed a lovely stay with our 2 year old daughter for 3 nights in order to be near friends we were visiting in Swindon. Karen, Tonny an..."
"a large room with good view and great food. and very friendly hosts and dog . we would go back again..."
About the hotel
Formerly a Victorian school, this wonderful hotel, grade II-listed, is the perfect place to stay. Close to Swindon, minutes from the M4 (J16), yet set in the Wiltshire countryside, on the borders of the Cotswolds. Business travellers will welcome all the usual business facilities including free WiFi Internet access and meeting rooms.
Car hire, station and airport transfers can be arranged. Leisure travellers will enjoy the local gardens and places of interest such as Oxford, Marlborough, Cheltenham, Lacock, Stonehenge, the Cotswolds, Bath and Avebury, all of which are within easy driving distance. The Great Western Designer Outlet is 4 miles away, an ideal shopping location. The Ridgeway is very close, ideal for walking. Avebury Manor, as depicted in "To The Manor Reborn" is only 12miles away. All visitors will appreciate our location and look forward to returning at the end of the day for a drink in the bar, a light meal or a candlelit dinner in the Brasserie. Log fires will be burning in Winter, the outside terrace will be serving cool drinks and delicious food in the Summer. For each room there is one free parking-place. Additional or commercial cars cost 10. 00 GBP per day. Vehicles in excess of 3. 5 tonnes cannot be accommodated.
Showing Tuesday 26 May 2015 to Wednesday 27 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Translation Service, Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service
- Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 17:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 28/09/2014 to 30/09/2015 - We have limited space for car parking. Please always park adjacent to another vehicle and as close as possible. Charges are made for additional cars, vans and commercial vehicles. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
A good stay where we have been before
The hotel no longer includes a continental breakfast in the price,, and we were not told this before we went, so it worked out quite expensive.
One still has to bring a kettle,etc for drinks in the room, though there is a pay self - service machine in the hall.
excellent food, friendly staff,lovely old building