- 37 guest reviews
"The hotel room was very basic but comfortable. Good points - the room had everything we needed, a comfortable bed and a decent shower. The p..."
"The room looked clean but the room smelled with dust and i was scratching the moment i laid on the bed. The place was quiet and i could have..."
"Set in lovely park land, stayed in modern part of building not part in the pictures a bit dated but adequate for our needs...."
"The only problem we had was the post code when entered into my cars sat nav took us to a housing estate adjacent to the park in which the ac..."
"Y husband and I needed a place to stay nearby whilst we were having a new floor fitted. For that reason, we didn't want to pay a lot of mone..."
About the hotel
Lydiard House is an 18th century Grade 1 listed mansion set in 260 acres of stunning parkland. It's just a short drive from junction 16 of the M4 on the outskirts of Swindon and offers an excellent range of facilities including ample free car parking. Other facilities include an indoor swimming pool and sauna and is an excellent choice for your stay, whether business or pleasure.
All our bedrooms are en-suite with tea and coffee making facilities and free Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. In the evenings guests can relax in our fully licensed bar and lounge area where snacks and evening meals are served. Lydiard is ideally located for visiting the cities of Bath, Bristol, or Reading and exploring the Cotswolds. Closer by is the McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Village with 90 stores offering designer and luxury brands, for all your shopping needs.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Indoor Pool , Sauna
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
65% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel is reasonable but easily reflects the price.
Uncomfortable bed, run down which needs updating and in desperate need of a new shower as it was pathetic. I would prefer to pay £5 more and stay in a nice comfortable hotel
Dirty room horrible stay.
Had a stern abrupt welcome at reception.
Had a dirty out dated room, room 33, it smelled of smoke, stinking grubby bed base, a mattress that was too small for the bed, no headboard, kettle that needs throwing for health reasons and was half full of water on arrival, the desk chair was stained and just totally dirty I had to put a towel over it to sit on it. Bathroom needs a deep deep clean. there was a wedding going on so had all the noise from the smokers outside but couldn't close the window cos of room smell, felt that we couldn't even use the bar because of this event taking place. When made the booking on lateroom.com it comes across that the room is in the Lydiard house itself.