Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
A mixed bag of fruit...
There's a word I kept thinking of when I was stopping here, "but".
There's a but to every positive and another for every negative which makes me believe the proprietors/staff takes steps to improve from feedback, but left me wondering if I'd enjoyed the evening or not.
- There's plenty of parking, but it's a bit of a walk from the front door, but there's a set-down area. - The staff are friendly and helpful (no buts for that one).
- There's free wifi but it's only really accessible from particular areas of the hotel, particularly in or close to the Stable Bar.
- The bar is nicely decorated, warm and has a few choices of beer, but it's not open until 7pm (... but there's a great pub over the road that is).
- The evening menu was varied and the food was nice (chips were great) but I'm not sure if for the price, and I'd failed to notice that I could've eaten in the daytime bar before 6pm (my fault, but might be easily made by others as well). - The building is perhaps the oldest I've stayed in. It's very well decorated and the rooms seem like they've been renovated within the past few years, but the windows (at least in my room) were letting in an awful draft and the radiator, albeit warm, wasn't quite up to the job until I'd shut the curtains and the halogen light had been on for a while.
- The bed is comfy and I slept semi-well, but the floors are creaky (unavoidable in a building this age, I'm aware) and my particular room seemed to be on a busy corridor.
- The breakfast appeared plentiful, but I wasn't impressed with the cooked breakfast, especially since I had to pay extra for it.
(I didn't use the spa)
So I've no major complains and everything here could be improved, but I'm not sure I'd jump at the opportunity to stop here again, at least not in the winter.
Characterful hotel with a warm and welcoming feel.
This ancient building with its draughty doors and creaking floorboards, gave a warm and homely welcome that extended beyond the comfortable sofas and blazing fire in the lounge.
It was a truly relaxing end to a busy day. Breakfast the next morning was excellent.
An old hotel but full of charm and character
Would recommend for a short break.
Manor House Hotel and Spa
Only just ok.
Not bad at £32. Would not pay anymore than that. No wifi in rooms.
Lovely historic hotel
If you want a modern clinical hotel this is not for you.
However if you really like quaint, historic, higgledy piggledy, friendly hotels then this is definitely for you. The hotel is great and the staff are very attentive and friendly. I can recommend this hotel without hesitation.
Great atmospheric hotel
This is a wonderful old hotel with a wonderful atmosphere, cosy lounges with lovely old fireplaces.
I had a magnificent bedroom with a 4 poster bed up at the top of the oldest part of the hotel. The only downside was the very weak wifi signal in the main bar/lounge area. Although I found that there is an excellent strong signal over in the Stables bar across the courtyard.
Stagy at manor spa hotel
Very beautiful and characteristic building.
Staff very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent and very good choice. Of breakfast. Rooms had character and very clean.
Beautiful place to stay.
Lovely place, staff are helpful, I thank mostly the lovely lady at the desk who made our night special for being most helpful.
(Apology as I've forgotten her name).
We'll definitely stay again. :)
Manor House Hotel & Spa
Beautiful hotel , lovely staff great spa.
Will definately stay again.
Good value for money
Good value for money with caring staff and service