- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"Had a lovely 2 night stay. Staff pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent. All freshly cooked and good portions...."
"The welcoming was friendly and really did make you welcome. Room comfy and clean meeting our requirements as we were out alot and it was wel..."
"I booked into the Melbreak, for an overnight stay. The hotel looks very welcoming from the outside. On arrival, check in was very prompt and..."
"On business with a busy schedule so was delighted to be so well looked after. Great service, comfy room with all I needed, lovely food. What..."
"A small hotel by the roadside that value for money, bedroom and public areas are very clean. Good food and well presented, breakfast was exc..."
About the hotel
The Melbreak Country House Hotel is a family run hotel offering high standards and good service. Situated on the edge of the Lake District and on the Cumbrian Coast the Hotel Boasts dramatic panoramic views of the Loweswater Valley and Mountains beyond, including the imposing Melbreak, from which the Hotel takes its name. Being only a short drive from the A66 (which links to the M6), the location of the Hotel makes it an ideal place to stay for people wishing to discover the beauty of the northern lakes and coastal towns, and for people working in the area.
Guests wishing to sample the cullinary expertise of our chefs will be delighted with the local produce on offer and the new Conservetory Restaurant, which provides an ideal setting for a relaxed meal whilst enjoying fantastic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Had a lovely 2 night stay.
Staff pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent. All freshly cooked and good portions.
Welcoming & Friendly
The welcoming was friendly and really did make you welcome.
Room comfy and clean meeting our requirements as we were out alot and it was welcoming to come back to.The breakfast was cooked to order and to your specification along with friendly staff a good start to the day. Dinner good selection to suit every ones taste well cooked and presented. The staff had a nothing is to much trouble attitude which was very reassuring and made the stay pleasant.