- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"The plaza is an imposing traditional hotel that dominates the corner of the street, inside it is just as impressive with very attentive staf..."
"Great central location, helpful and friendly staff...."
"Great hotel and staff we were on our honeymoon and they looked after us very well , great location and great story about the little house in..."
"Came for the weekend and had a lovely stay! Bed is amazing and Gregory from room service is a gem! Definitely recommend..."
"The room was nice with good facilities. However the room was very small and cramped and paying over £100 a night I expected something better..."
About the hotel
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam occupies a historic 19th-century building in the heart of Amsterdam’s shopping district and a five-minute stroll from Dam Square and the Royal Palace. The hotel is the perfect base from which to explore legendary cultural attractions such as the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank House, as well as the atmospheric canal network, now officially listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel’s 306 air-conditioned guestrooms and suites offer four-star accommodation in contemporary comfort.
The historic Victoria Wing houses 142 superior rooms and suites with complimentary Wi-Fi, movies on demand, electrical adapters and cable TV, while the all-new Urban Wing is home to 164 Urban rooms which combine tasteful furnishings with enhanced amenities. Seasons Garden Restaurant serves a daily buffet breakfast, the charming Park Plaza Brasserie specialises in international cuisine with a lovely terrace to relax, and the informal Lobby Lounge is the place for a tempting selection of finger food, snacks and cocktails. The hotel’s Urban Wing houses the Victoria Active Club with a modern fitness centre, heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, solarium and steam room. Recognised with prestigious Les Clefs D’Or status, Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam’s concierge team is on hand to uncover the city’s secrets and create personalised itineraries.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rate for Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam in Amsterdam is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 5.00% of your total accommodation price and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
74% would recommend it to a friend
Ruined honeymoon spent waiting around
Arrived at hotel to spend a 3 night honeymoon with my husband.
The room we were given was spacious and clean but worn down and old fashioned and not what the pictures detailed when I booked.
On our second day I called reception as our in room clothes press and hair dryer were not working they said would send someone to our room in one moment. Half an hour later we called back as still no one came and reception did not seem to know we required an iron. 15 minutes later it arrived but no one to fix hairdryer or give us an alternative. This made us room bound for a considerable amount of time and missed the excursion we had planned.
The next day i spoke directly to the receptionist and told them my complaints they then told ME to have my bag packed in the morning as they would move us over to the renovated side of the hotel by 11. We packed our cases and went down for breakfast. Upon finishing we asked reception if our new room and key were available as we has plans to go out. There was no note of any of our complaints or Infact any indication that a change of room was to take place. We were told to come back at 2pm and everything would be complete. We spent time at the hotel pool and went back to reception at 2.30 where we were given our new keys. When we arrived our bags were not there, contacted reception who AGAIN seemed confused and the waiting game was played again. With no clean clothes to change into after the pool we missed another day in Amsterdam. Our new room although up to date was smaller, had no bath (which I had selected when booking) and didnt even have an iron press. I accidently left a shopping bag with clothes in our old room drawer, I notified reception immediately who told me they would call security staff right away to check and we were to call back in the morning. Determined to see at least some of amsterdam in the daytime we got up early to go on a canal tour with our last remaining hour. Like everything else when we called back at reception no one was aware of any such bag and then were told it was still "under investigation" and could we come back. We waited around to see if anything was done when security thwn arrived to tell us they would now go and check the drawers. She returned in 10 minutes with my bag. This could have been easily done the night before saving us more time energy and frustration. We were offered no apology or compensation until we were checking out the gentleman asked if we had time he would like to give us a voucher to use in the hotel
Before we leave. Our flight was in an hour so we politely declined. Appalling communication
Terrible customer service
Not 4 star facilities
Complete waste of money and time
Reservations staff not friendly
Wanted to change the guest name when I made the booking and it was a nightmare with reservations staff as they said only late rooms can do the modifications.
Then late rooms said it is the hotel that can do it because it was a non-refundable booking. Anyway I went in circles until they agreed to make a simple change.