- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"Central for birding week end easy reach for the coast, excellent food. Comfortable...."
"The executive room was very large and clean, with an equally large bathroom. But what a shame that although there were 2 huge wardrobes, onl..."
"Standard good accommodation. Staff very attentive...."
"The room was poor quality for the price paid the TV had a high pitch screech, worst of all was the bathroom that was covered in mild and rus..."
"Much to commend - from very friendly staff and good quality of rooms, which are also very spacious. The only let downs were the limited choi..."
About the hotel
Modern 40 bedroomed hotel with onsite bar & family restaurant. Ample free car parking. NOW OPEN
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
72% would recommend it to a friend
The Wishing Well
Central for birding week end easy reach for the coast, excellent food.
Executive room but lacking basic features
The executive room was very large and clean, with an equally large bathroom.
But what a shame that although there were 2 huge wardrobes, only 1 of them had a hanging rail and this was only deep enough to hang a shirt. There were only 5 coat hangers. It was not possible to hang a dress in the wardrobe or a pair of trousers unless you wanted them folded in half. The wardrobes had huge drawers underneath the hanging space, but no full length space for clothing. The other wardrobe was just a cupboard without even a hanging rail. It was an executive room but had no trouser press. There was no phone in the room and no radio, only a tv. Both sofas had very bad wear and tear damage. It was all a bit odd. We had the restaurant meals on 2 of the 3 nights we stayed and both were of a good standard. It's a nice restaurant with a good "buzz" about it. Unfortunately, we had a room at the front of the hotel and road workers were laying tarmac on the A63, which runs right along the hotel's boundary fence, throughout 2 of the 3 nights we stayed. All in all, not the best experience. We travel to this part of Yorkshire regularly and normally stay in B&Bs' and next time we will go back to a B&B. Sorry.