- 54 guest reviews
"We stayed here as a large group for work and we all agreed that that hotel was of a very good standard. The rooms were lovely and bright. Br..."
"reeceptionist not helping with luggage (2 flights of steep stairs), inadequate car parking, no evening reception, shower boiling or icy - bu..."
"Enjoyable stay. Great food. Downstairs room was not huge but adequate. I paid for a deluxe room and I aren't convinced this is what I got? W..."
"Great situation, comfortable and clean room. Wonderful breakfast which filled us up for the entire day! Perfect. I will book this hotel ag..."
"excellent location,10 minute walk to Harrogate centre. all staff very polite food excellent. lovely big room. nice and quiet area...."
About the hotel
The Small Hotel with the Big Welcome The Ascot House was originally built in 1892 by Mr W H Baxter as a traditional Victorian family residence. It has now been elegantly transformed into a 19-bedroom hotel. Reasons why you should stay at Ascot House: Close to town (10 min walk) and the conference centre (5 min walk) but far enough away to escape.
Classic food, in elegant surroundings, cooked to order. Comfy beds you won’t want to leave except for our Yorkshire Breakfast! Knowledgeable staff that offer personal and friendly attention. Free car parking. Free wi fi throughout. Breath-taking gardens and floral displays have earned Harrogate wide acclaim and the traditional Turkish baths and Royal Pump Room Museum are well worth a visit. You will find some of the best shopping in Yorkshire, together with lively restaurants, wine bars, night clubs and theatres. A wealth of attractions including stately homes and historic castles lie within a short drive, together with the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Very nice hotel
We stayed here as a large group for work and we all agreed that that hotel was of a very good standard.
The rooms were lovely and bright. Breakfast was very good. Not too far to walk to the centre of town either. Definitely would return for next year!
glorified B&B, but lacking owner's supervision
reeceptionist not helping with luggage (2 flights of steep stairs), inadequate car parking, no evening reception, shower boiling or icy - but nicely fitted clean room, quiet location.
Terrible value for money, cf. Holiday Inn 200 yds away