- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"This was a comfortable and friendly hotel in a good location. Shower needs improving but everything else is fine...."
"Enjoyed a very nice weekend break at this hotel. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Staff were all very friendly and helpfu..."
"On the high street in Upton this hotel could be brilliant with nice friendly staff. What spoilt it for us was the loud shouting and motorcar..."
"Hotel staff very helpful and friendly. They seem happy to work there. Food quality is excellent. The chefs are VERY good. Rooms are comforta..."
"Our stay at the historic White Lion was very enjoyable! The staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was very comfortable - and peaceful..."
About the hotel
The philosophy at The White Lion is simple. . .
We offer old fashioned hospitality with attentive service, good food, comfortable room and value for money. A traditional, family run, hotel with the emphasis on offering the best in hotel services. Our 13 rooms are individually decorated with two of them, The Rose Room and The Wild Goose Room mentioned in Henry Fieldings famous book entitled The History Of Tom Jones, were he mentioned the hotel as the fairest inn on the street and a house of excedingly good repute, both standards we ahear to today. We have won numerous awards for our food and service from the AA, RAC, English Tourist Board, Johansens and the local council to name but a few so come on and discover our riverside town and Upton's little secret for yourself. We have a clinetel that is both business and lesiure orentated so there is no reason not to give us a call.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
This was a comfortable and friendly hotel in a good location.
Shower needs improving but everything else is fine.
Very disappointing & uncomfortable
I stayed last Monday night.
The bar area was occupied by a highly offensive, very drunk village and his giggling cohorts who made it too uncomfortable to stay there. When I mentioned this to the receptionist the following morning I was told he had been banned several times. Instead of being able to enjoy a meal there I ate a picnic. The bed was comfortable, but the room carpet had a very dusty margin around the perimeter. I felt quite wheezy in the morning. The bathroom was clean but the extractor didn't seem to work. The room was at the front of the hotel and there was much street noise of raised voices and banging of doors from 6am. The breakfast was good.