- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"On the high street in Upton this hotel could be brilliant with nice friendly staff. What spoilt it for us was the loud shouting and motorcar..."
"Hotel staff very helpful and friendly. They seem happy to work there. Food quality is excellent. The chefs are VERY good. Rooms are comforta..."
"Our stay at the historic White Lion was very enjoyable! The staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was very comfortable - and peaceful..."
"Lovely friendly helpful staff. Very old building beautifully kept. Excellent restaurant with wonderful food at reasonable prices. Quiet atmo..."
"Lovely room, excellent service and hospitality. En suite bathroom disappointing. Not terrible but in need on a freshen up. Location of hotel..."
About the hotel
The philosophy at The White Lion is simple. . .
We offer old fashioned hospitality with attentive service, good food, comfortable room and value for money. A traditional, family run, hotel with the emphasis on offering the best in hotel services. Our 13 rooms are individually decorated with two of them, The Rose Room and The Wild Goose Room mentioned in Henry Fieldings famous book entitled The History Of Tom Jones, were he mentioned the hotel as the fairest inn on the street and a house of excedingly good repute, both standards we ahear to today. We have won numerous awards for our food and service from the AA, RAC, English Tourist Board, Johansens and the local council to name but a few so come on and discover our riverside town and Upton's little secret for yourself. We have a clinetel that is both business and lesiure orentated so there is no reason not to give us a call.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Nice hotel with friendly staff but noisy
On the high street in Upton this hotel could be brilliant with nice friendly staff.
What spoilt it for us was the loud shouting and motorcar noise outside our (back) room until 2:00am from the local youth but also departing late night drinkers from the hotel itself. Also, we were above the kitchen and an extractor fan kicked in and out all night about every ten minutes or so a bit like a fridge going on and off - quite disturbing.
Hotel staff very helpful and friendly.
They seem happy to work there. Food quality is excellent. The chefs are VERY good. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. We would be happy to stay there again.