- Very Good
- 95 guest reviews
"My 8 yr old daughter and I came back to the hotel around 10pm and promptly went straight to bed. Soon after getting into bed, music started..."
"Hi Upon arrival the hotel looked fabulous from the outside unfortunately the room wasn't as I expected we couldn't open the window as the r..."
"Room a bit tired and all the floor boards creaked and the wardrobe door squeezed quite loudly bathroom and bed were fine..."
"Very clean good staff great location to stay..."
"Lovely hotel, great food, Poppy on reception was lovely so welcoming and helpful!..."
About the hotel
The Crown Hotel is located in the centre of busy Harrogate, 5 minute walk from the Train Station, and surrounded by lots of shops, boutiques, bars, restaurants, also within close proximity of Betty’s Tea Rooms, The Pump Room museum and The Montpellier Antique Quarter. All of our 114 bedrooms are fully en-suite with bath and shower, some have walk-in showers and we also have two fully accessible disabled rooms. We are now offering FREE WIFI throughout the hotel.
The Crown Hotel has two bars “Henry’s” and “The Place” both offering a selection of cocktails, wines and beers. Each bar also serves “round the world coffees” which you can enjoy with a piece of homemade cake. Should be feeling peckish there is an extensive bar menu, room service or if you are looking for something more substantial what not try our delicious Al a Carte or Table d’hote menu which can be eaten in the Thackwray Restaurant. Public parking is possible at a location nearby(reservation is not possible) and charges may be applicable Finally please can you contact the hotel in advance should you be bringing a wheelchair or a scooter.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
My 8 yr old daughter and I came back to the hotel around 10pm and promptly went straight to bed.
Soon after getting into bed, music started to play which I believe was coming from either the hotel bar or a club next door. Regardless, it was thumping music and the bass was vibrating through the walls. It finished 2 hours later.
Then at around 1am ish, a couple who had clearly been drinking for most of the day, had come back to their room opposite mine but had got into a verbal fight with someone in the room next door to me. The woman was very drunk and was shouting and kicking the hotel room doors for the best part of an hour and a half. The hotel staff did very little to stop her so once again I was kept awake until 2:30.
Also, the phone in my room kept ringing. Not once, not twice but three times. The first call was at 00:30am, the second at 1am and the third at 2am. So much for getting any sleep in this hotel!. I didn't answer the phone as I had no reason to. I should not have been receiving calls from anyone at this time.
The hotel is very old which is lovely and one of the reasons why I chose to stay there. However, had I have known that you can hear every toilet flush, every door slam, every cough or sneeze, and every step taken by everyone staying there due to the creaky floorboards, I would not have booked. I like my sleep and have to have complete silence in order to do so. Based on the above, I will not stay again nor recommend this hotel to anyone. You should book here if you are in an 18-30's party group and don't fancy much sleep. I paid double (£125) the normal rate (£60 odd) because it was half term - absolute liberty!
The Crown Hotel
Hi Upon arrival the hotel looked fabulous from the outside unfortunately the room wasn't as I expected we couldn't open the window as the room was extremely hot late on the evening and during the night.
Also the bed its self was very uncomfortable and quite small in size for a double we thought. but that aside we had a drink in the bar which was nice and also the breakfast the following morning was lovely the young guy in the restaurant was very charming.