- Very Good
- 40 guest reviews
"Although we were only there for one night, it was very convenient as we were at a wedding there. I would not choose to stay any longer unfor..."
"A very nice hotel, very friendly staff, and for me most important, a good bus service...."
"Arrived and the room heated by underfloor heating was 26deg! There was no aircon to cool it down and noisy with windows open. Anyone with un..."
"My wife and had a rare child free night away in Norwich. She searched and researched a good deal for us which was The Oaklands Hotel. We had..."
"A comfortable stay. Lovely warm, clean room. Super staff, very kind...."
About the hotel
Situated on the outskirts of Norwich City Centre, the Oaklands Hotel provides a unique and relaxed atmosphere. Sophisticated interiors, a variety of bedrooms, great public spaces, beautiful grounds overlooking the Yare River Valley and ample free onsite parking all combine to offer the perfect backdrop for a relaxing leisure or business break. The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi access throughout a Carvery Restaurant, Lounge and Bar and a new Menu available every evening, you will not need to go out once you have settled in however if you would like to visit our beautiful city there are buses running from the bottom of our drive with a 10-15 minute journey.
Quality accommodation at affordable prices! Please note we operate a bar and event rooms playing music, we hope that this does not cause any disturbance and we always aim to have this turned off by midnight. Please note we do not have lift facilities in the hotel, all rooms are accessible via stairs onto the first & second floors, this excludes our ground floor luxury lodges.
Showing Wednesday 4 May 2016 to Thursday 5 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/08/2014 to 31/12/2023 - Please note we operate a bar and event rooms playing music, we hope that this does not cause any disturbance and we always aim to have this turned off by midnight. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
Good for a 1 night stay
Although we were only there for one night, it was very convenient as we were at a wedding there.
I would not choose to stay any longer unfortunately we were right above the reception and all I heard was people coming and going. Although not the hotel,s fault . It was inconsiderate people returning from a night out, and was still awake at 4.15AM due to loud guests. Also maybe the hotel should consider cleaning window frames, as I don't think they have been cleaned for months.
Avoid staying at this hotel, though the food isn't bad.
Not a good experience, aside from OK food and enthusiastic if inexperienced waiting staff.
When I arrived to check-in yesterday evening, the girl behind the desk ignored me, studiously, for a full minute as she filled in some forms - a simple "Hello, won't keep you a minute" would have been a more pleasant welcome. I wanted to get an early night, but over and above the shouting and laughing of guests between 11pm and 11.30pm as the bar shut (is it not possible to ask bar guests to respect residents as they leave), there was loud banging from downstairs until well after midnight - it sounded as though large items of furniture were being thrown from one room to another, which made it impossible to sleep. At just before 6am this morning, the clock radio alarm next to my bed went off - very loudly. Surely this should be turned off as a default. Immediately following this, a steady flow of delivery lorries arrived, with men shouting and slamming doors right underneath my window - so it was impossible to get back to sleep. (Moreover, and because of the noise, I had had to keep the windows shut all night, which made the room uncomfortably hot.)
So I got up to have a shower - which was just above cold, no matter how long I ran the water, so instead I ran a bath - and when I sat down, noticed a long curly hair on the tile next to my head - I've got a photo of it if you want to see it yourselves. So I promptly left without bothering with the included breakfast, pretty disgusted - and very tired.