- Very Good
- 51 guest reviews
"Booked 1 night here, expected 4 poster bed but that had been allocated to a bride and groom....I felt they deserved more than us!!! The staf..."
"Could not fault location, facilities, hospitality, food, ambience. A truly pleasant hassle free stay & meal at The Stables was excellent. Ca..."
"Booked for a special occasion, staff and accommodation were first class. While staying had the pleasure of meeting John and Rosemary who gav..."
About the hotel
Located amidst the beautiful Welsh countryside, this historic hotel offers free Wi-Fi and parking. With luxurious rooms, elegant interior and magnificent gardens, it is one of the most select venues in the North West. Built in 1714, Soughton Hall started life as a bishop’s palace and has been the home to a succession of heirs in the Wynne-Bankes family line.
It is now a privately owned boutique hotel with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Exquisitely furnished and decorated, this luxurious country house features the highest standards of interior design. From beautiful handmade carpets and fabrics to an impressive collection of antiques and curios, it truly embodies the refined elegance of traditional country living. All 15 bedrooms at the hotel are individually named and elegantly decorated. Each room has its own bathroom, bath robes, Egyptian cotton sheets, television, radio, hair dryer, trouser press, homemade biscuits, mineral water and tea and coffee making facilities. With antique furnishings, handmade carpets and beautiful fabrics, each unique room has the highest standard of interior design. The Stables Bar & Restaurant offers a range of classic dishes as well as modern and seasonal cooked to order. On Sundays a traditional roast carvery is served. The restaurant’s has a fine selection of wines and specialises in South African. Whatever the occasion, the hotel can tailor the event to the guest’s requirements. Menus, entertainment and even a glamorous marquee are available for large parties. Soughton Hall is the perfect venue for weddings. With a stunning backdrop of magnificent mature gardens, specially tailored wedding menus, vintage wines and a team of professional staff, Soughton Hall surpasses all expectations it is totally unique and very special. The peaceful surroundings and superb facilities make Soughton Hall ideal for conferences and business meetings. The meeting rooms are naturally lit by large windows with views of the gardens and surrounding countryside. Please note that free breakfast is continental not full English.
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Croquet , Tennis Courts
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Soughton Hall Country House Hotel
Room not cleaned, waste bins not emptied, coffee or tea not replaced, cups not washed after our first night.
Toilet would not get rid of waste had to use toilet brush every time this was due to design of the toilet. the cold water was hot even for the toilet flush... very strange.