"I requested a room that I could smoke in which was provided satisfactory, being a rare in this day of age and in my case very welcome. Howev..."
"Clean simply furnished rooms. Good quality food. Plenty of parking...."
"arrived at 20:30 receptionist informed me restaurant closed but bar food available until 21:00, so quick shower and change, at bar for 20:50..."
"This is not a complaint, just observations..."
"Fantastic value, large hotel without the indifference of the large chains. Real ale quiz pub 400yds...."
About the hotel
The attractive Britannia Wigan hotel is lined with greenery around the entrance and is located just off Junction 27 of the M6, halfway between Liverpool and Manchester. The impressive spacious lobby is a great meeting place with soft furnishings and comfortable chairs to relax. All 124 en-suite bedrooms are all modern in style and include purpose built Family rooms.
Facilities include TV, Trouser Press, WIFI, Bath/Shower, Natural Daylight and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The Almonds Brassiere is the main restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner serving a wide range of dishes for all guests. Additionally, there is the lounge bar that serves drinks and snacks during the day. There is a fully equipped Leisure Club that has an impressive pool, £4. 00 for an adult and £2. 00 for a child. The 15 Conference/Function rooms are ideal for both Business and Leisure guests and can accommodate up to 300 people combined with the first class facilities this is a perfect choice! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Tuesday 1 December 2015 to Wednesday 2 December 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
38% would recommend it to a friend
I had a reservation at your hotel in Wigan, weekend past.
I was shocked at the service me and my family received. Once I checked into my hotel room I found urine still in the toilet which hadn't been flushed from a previous guest. There were only 1 towel and 1 hand towel for three people. The following day we arrived for breakfast at 09:50 to find everything was packed up, on all your hotel information leaflets it says breakfast finishes at 10:00. When I approached your receptionist I was told that breakfast finished at 09:45 which stated on the board. The board in which this message was posted was written on the board for coach party's, not all guests. This should be clearly printed on all room information leaflets and not the coach information board. My fiancée had an accident on the bedding the night before, we made the bed down and put the clean my room sign on our door at 10:45 that morning.
We left the hotel at 11:00 to go to a family birthday and arrived at 2300 to find our room had not been cleaned and our bed left exactly as we left it that morning. The cleaner had come into our room, dropped a towel on our bed, took the sign off our door and left.
To make our stay even worse our heating was off and our window was open, I called reception to be told the heating was off until the morning, we waited half an hour for our beds to be made and mobile heaters to be left in our room, so we didn't get to sleep until after midnight. My partner is disabled and couldn't lay on the bed and Our little girl who is 8 years old was freezing because of having no heating.
I find this service to be disgraceful. I have stayed in many hotels due to my job and this has to be the worse of them all. If I pay £151 for two nights I expect my room to be warm all the time as its winter and was -3 outside. I expect my room to be serviced as per hotel policy and I expect breakfast timings to be as stated.
Asylum seekers retreat
Hotel very tatty and tired bar closed at 1 am although signage stated open till 3 am for residents.