"room extremely tired. Needs some tlc. Did the job for me however as i was only stopping over for a few hours sleep..."
"There are many areas of the hotel that need a bit of TLC - a bit of tidying and modernisation would really help to smarten the place up. Tha..."
"I requested a room that I could smoke in which was provided satisfactory, being a rare in this day of age and in my case very welcome. Howev..."
About the hotel
The attractive Britannia Wigan hotel is lined with greenery around the entrance and is located just off Junction 27 of the M6, halfway between Liverpool and Manchester. The impressive spacious lobby is a great meeting place with soft furnishings and comfortable chairs to relax. All 124 en-suite bedrooms are all modern in style and include purpose built Family rooms.
Facilities include TV, Trouser Press, WIFI, Bath/Shower, Natural Daylight and Tea & Coffee making facilities. The Almonds Brassiere is the main restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner serving a wide range of dishes for all guests. Additionally, there is the lounge bar that serves drinks and snacks during the day. There is a fully equipped Leisure Club that has an impressive pool, £4. 00 for an adult and £2. 00 for a child. The 15 Conference/Function rooms are ideal for both Business and Leisure guests and can accommodate up to 300 people combined with the first class facilities this is a perfect choice! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
- Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Solarium , [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
39% would recommend it to a friend
I never leave a review but this was the worst experience I have had.
what a waste of money for a shabby room. this room wasn't ready for us when we arrived. The night staff did not know how to use the system to check us in and ended up giving me a room key without checking me in, which meant that I couldn't add late check out in the morning without asking several times. Also housekeeping had no idea we was staying in that room. the room bins were full of rubbish and food. The cups were used and had coffee from god knows when. all in all this is the worst experience and a waste of money for my weekend away.